Put Your Wasted SP Into Common Sense/Intelligence Please

Announcements will be posted here, but you can also talk about mapleanime.com in general.
synn90210
Pianus
Put Your Wasted SP Into Common Sense/Intelligence Please

Post by synn90210 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:38 am

I'm sure you've seen what i had to say on gilly's topic Im Leaving. For those of you who havent here it is

unless there are some changes to the well, mainly intelligence of some of the users on here then im done after the story. while im genuinely proud of this site's growth its a shame to see some of the garbage posts and flame wars on here.....

i meant exactly what i said. It seems that anymore the only people who post intelligent things are: The Mods, Gilly, and a select few posters. Those of you who actually think before you post you have my undying respect. And now for the entire point of this post/rant. Before i type this i am for sure typing it in all capitals, bolded and underlined: THINK BEFORE YOU POST if you still have some problem understanding then it seems that we have a real problem on our hands. Now i know that im going to get soooo many hateful comments but please feel free to hate. just do it in an intelligent, comprehendible way. As i said most users on this website for some strange reason have a problem with the whole common sense/intelligence thing. Now i've been here one way or another since the original site got hacked and i watched the baby steps that this website took to become what it is now.

I'm truly proud of the growth of this site into the forum juggernaut that it is now.....i have but one big problem. There are too many garbage posts and flame wars on the site. i mean seriously......there's an entire section dedicated to all of the useless BS that you could possibly post. when there were only a few members the rules were actually obeyed and all of the useless posts were (for lack of a better word) quarantined to the Dracoplasm section. Now somehow as im sure all of you have seen these posts have leaked into all of the sections. i have but three choice letters to sum up how i feel about this: WTF. Why does most of the community seem not to understand the rules of this forum? are they really that impossibly hard to comprehend? Any how i believe that this is a major problem for this site. I mean just look at how Gilly deleted the entire chat section. if we as mapleanimers and the moderators dont try to put a stop to the spam it will happen again.

Well i've said my piece. please feel free to discuss your views but please do it intelligently. Again to the select few and all of the moderators and to Gillian most of all you have my undying respect. If not for just the quality of people that you are then for the fact that you seem to be able to use common sense and intelligence in your posts.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post/rant.

synn90210
Pianus

Re: Put Your Wasted SP Into Common Sense/Intelligence Please

Post by synn90210 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:14 pm

^^^^^
that is exactly why i made this. people posting stuff that has nothing to do with the topic T.T

chobbilight
Legend

Post by chobbilight » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:17 pm

first it was fun 2 post on this site but its starting 2 be annoying....like when i wanna talk serious some guy makes a joke and after that i cant be serious anymore

synn90210
Pianus

Post by synn90210 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:24 pm

exactly. like say i'll be talking about something serious then someone goes off topic and says something stupid and the whole thing is ruined

Whee
Blue Mushmom

Post by Whee » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:17 pm

Impossible.
Every site has its' ups and downs.
To rid of the majority of the site would be to destroy the community the site has established.
I'm not saying I'm against this, but it's impossible. Though, having signs of "spamming" in sites would be to consider their popularity.
And the leakage problems, alas, would lead to the majority, but at least it's mostly contained in the Dracoplasm section.
This site just has that casual feeling, not the kind debate groups have. I doubt you can argue with that.
So, I deem it impossible for garbage posts to dissapear unless you want to destroy the community.

@Gatorage
What the hell?

synn90210 wrote:: THINK BEFORE YOU POST

synn90210
Pianus

Post by synn90210 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:39 pm

mmhmmm i see your point but the main thing i wanted to get across is the thing that i put in all caps bold and underlined. if people continue to totally disregard that then im sure that more sections will be deleted because of the spam floods

Gatorade
Papulatus

Post by Gatorade » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:04 pm

Why do you put me in? (F6)

Duality
Papulatus
Location:http://www.mapleanime.com/forum/memberl ... ofile&u=86

Post by Duality » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:11 am

Gatorade wrote:....
Gatorade wrote:Why do you put me in? (F6)
Fail

MsMeowzers
Papulatus

Post by MsMeowzers » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:03 pm

synn90210 wrote:It seems that anymore the only people who post intelligent things are: The Mods, Gilly, and a select few posters.

Sometimes many people do.Many people try to change the way they are,but it doesn't work that fast.
If you think only a few people are the only ones who are posting with common sense LOOK HARDER.

Gatorade
Papulatus

Post by Gatorade » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:46 pm

Whee
Blue Mushmom

Post by Whee » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:16 pm

Gatorade wrote:

God dam it, gatorade.
Duality wrote:
Gatorade wrote:....
Fail

Gatorade
Papulatus

Post by Gatorade » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:17 pm

TELL ME NOW!!!!! (F5)

playa4life01
Mapleanimer

Post by playa4life01 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:55 pm

Whee wrote:Impossible.
Every site has its' ups and downs.
To rid of the majority of the site would be to destroy the community the site has established.
I'm not saying I'm against this, but it's impossible. Though, having signs of "spamming" in sites would be to consider their popularity.
And the leakage problems, alas, would lead to the majority, but at least it's mostly contained in the Dracoplasm section.
This site just has that casual feeling, not the kind debate groups have. I doubt you can argue with that.
So, I deem it impossible for garbage posts to dissapear unless you want to destroy the community.

@Gatorage
What the hell?

synn90210 wrote:: THINK BEFORE YOU POST

how about you just ignore the ones going off-topic..??

Zaylo
Jr.Balrog

Post by Zaylo » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:47 am

Gatorade wrote:TELL ME NOW!!!!! (F5)

Proof of Syn's Point.

I'm sure I was warning people of this awhile ago as well, so I agree completely with Synn. I'm trying my best to control some of it. But when I see posts like the quoted, I sort of sigh and log off.

Duality
Papulatus
Location:http://www.mapleanime.com/forum/memberl ... ofile&u=86

Post by Duality » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:28 pm

I spend minutes thinking up witty, useful posts, even though my old posts were un-inttelligence, i know now that post count isn't everything. and i vote gator 4 fag

jonlin
Zakum

Post by jonlin » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:34 pm

I just want to say lol and:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=159

and gatorade, the point is that you are putting spam into a thread COMPLAINING ABOUT THE SPAM.

Other than this, I agree with this statement.

Gatorade
Papulatus

Post by Gatorade » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:13 am

Oh,sorry.
I'll post more intelligent then.

chobbilight
Legend

Post by chobbilight » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:36 pm

Duality wrote:I spend minutes thinking up witty, useful posts, even though my old posts were un-inttelligence, i know now that post count isn't everything. and i vote gator 4 fag

......why did you do that?
this is what i'm talking about i cant stay serious with posts like that

synn90210
Pianus

Post by synn90210 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:53 am

MsMeowzers wrote:
synn90210 wrote:It seems that anymore the only people who post intelligent things are: The Mods, Gilly, and a select few posters.

Sometimes many people do.Many people try to change the way they are,but it doesn't work that fast.
If you think only a few people are the only ones who are posting with common sense LOOK HARDER.

Look harder? i've been looking for a freaking year....and i stand by what i said if you dont like it then fine but please make at the very least an intelligent argument.