Scams that You Need to Know

Talk about things directly to Maplestory such as training and jobs.
skygar9
Premium
Premium
Scams that You Need to Know

Post by skygar9 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:15 am

Hi. Here's scams that players can do to you to mess with your gameplay. Basicly, you should not trust ANYONE unless you know them in real life or you are very, VERY close friends with them. Let's begin with the basics.

==================================================================================================
Basic Scams
So, these scams are common and can strike you at any moment.

Scam 1: Drop Game
This is where you drop an item, then the other person drops and item, and so on. So, you decide to drop your mana potion. The other player says "no nub items plz". He asks you to drop again. So you decide to drop your steelies. He runs tword them with his speed equips and you loot your steelys as fast as possible. Then, the game continues as you try to loot his items. Eventually, you've lost a precious item and the other player refuses to give it back and searches to DG another person. You can avoid this by declining the drop game, or drop an item that you don't really need, like a fail scrolled Work Glove, or low level equips that you never use.

Scam 2: Quitting MapleStory
You're browsing around Henseys, looking for a person to chat to or just to Henseys PQ. But then, somone shouts 'I'm quitting Maple!! Follow for my items!!' So you follow him to Henseys barber shop. He tells you to drop your 5 best items. Then he loots them, and then returns them to the owner. Then, the other person will say 'thx!!'. Usually this person is his friend. So that makes you think: This is no scam! But it is. So, you're the last person. He tells you to drop your items and he loots them, then CC's or logs out, making you unable to find him again. You can avoid this by just not following him, or if you are optimistic enough to actualy follow him, you might not be the one who gets scammed.

Scam 3: Lagging in the FM
You were killing Mushmom one day and she dropped Ilbis; you're so happy!! You'll be rich as soon as somone buys those ilbis. So, you go to the FM and quickly say "S>Ilbis 9mil@@@@@" and somone trades you. Then he says "QUICK IM LAGGING BADLY IN FM FAST" So then you put your Ilbis in trade and he puts in his 9 million. But then, it says "Trade Unsucsessful". He trades you again. He puts in 9 million, then cancels. He does it for a few times and then you think "Wow, he's lagging SERIOSULY. I need to make it FAST". So you click trade as fast as possible until you see "Trade Sucsessful," then you check your inventory. You only got 90,000 mesos. You were going so fast you didn't realize he put in 90k. You got scammed, and the person logs out.

Scam 4: Zakum Helmet
You level to 50 and go to the FM and see people selling things. You find a high level selling a Zakum Helmet. So, you trade him. "Zakum helmet please?". He says "Ok, my guild will have a Zrun tonight at 8:30 PM PDST." So you go to Dead Mine after finishing the quests. You see the high level you met earlier. He says "Pay now and then we enter." so you pay your 40million mesos and after the trade, the person expels you from the party and enters the Zakum Altar. You have been scammed.

Scam 5: Ariant or CPQ Free wins!
At level 20, you buys some new equips and weapons. So, you find people in Ariant Coliseum. You see somone saying "Selling free wins! 10k each!" You think that's a good, unsusualy cheap price, so you accept it. Once you enter the Coliseum, you instantly began to kill the scorpions and catch them. You've gotten about 20 points now, so you take a break. It's near the end of the round, but as you're resting in your chair, the person who sold the win bombs you and you lose all of your points and the round ends, making you the loser. The same thing happens in CPQ, too. Your team is winning, but then, at the end, the other team summons Cancel attacks and gains more points than you do and you get scammed. Another related scam is when you pay for the free win, then the person quits the Round as soon as it starts, and you don't gain EXP. You can avoid it by not accepting free wins, but you CAN accept trade wins. Somtimes trade wins are scams too, but most likley not.

==================================================================================================

Friend Scams

1. Friends for NEver
Your most favorite friend has trained with you, PQ'ed with you and talked with you everyday. One day, you got new NX and used it on Gachapon tickets. So you Gached at Zipangu, and your inventory was loaded with scrolls. These are some nice, Claw for ATT scrolls. So you decide to take them to your Dexless account, but you can only keep 4 scrolls in the bank. So you ask your best friend to carry them for you and give them to your Dexless. So, you give him the scroll and you get on your Dexless account, and you don't see your friend. So you get on your main and see that your friend deleted you from his BL. So your friend was just 'using' you.

2.Old Friend came Back.
You had a friend that quitted Maple months ago. He had a common name (Like Jeff, Bob, Dan) so you go to Lith Harbor to hunt some snails down, when you see a low level player say "Hi! I remember you! You're my friend! I quitted Maple. Remember?". You say "Oh yeah!! It's you, Bob! Right? I missed you!" and he replies "Yeah, that's me! I need a quite large amount of mesos because I quit Maple. I also want my items back." So you help your friend who quitted and he becomes insanley funded and packed with items all because of you. Then, he says "Thanks!" and a day later, he deleted you off his BL and you whisper him saying "Hey Bob, why'd you delete me from your BL?" and he says "I'm not your friend, you just got scammed! LOL!!!!!" and then he blocks whispers and he logs out whenever you come near him. So it's usless to track him.

3.Break Up Marriage
So, you were single and was walking in Henseys, and you see a girl shouting "L>BF@@@". So you trade her. She says comments ab\bout you and talks you into getting married to her. So, she pays for the wedding and you gather your friends in a wedding scene. So then, after the wedding, you decide to gift your Wife with some NX Cash Items. Then you give her some other items. The next day later, she got divorced. Then you track her and find that she has another man. Then, the next day, you chat with the man she had the day before. He tells you he had been divorced too, once he gifted her. The girl scams more and more men, as she becomes showered with items and NX Cash. You can avoid this by waiting for a while before marrying a girlfriend. If you get scammed, you probably got married the day you met her. Learn more about her before you marry her. Wait like, a month.

Other Common Scams

1. High Level Account
You sigh, desparate for a high level account, since you're only level 20 or so. But, for a level 20 you sure are funded, so you run to the FM and see a person saying "S>My acc 500k". Pfft, you have like, 3million, and 2million more in the bank. So, you decide to buy the account. Here are two examples:
Person : First you pay
You : *puts in 500k* Ok, trade!
Person : *Trades*
Person : *Retrades* : Ok, so my user is: Fake123 pass is FFAKE Pin is 1234
Now you do the info and find out that the info was fake. Example 2:

Person : Pay first
You : *Puts in 500k*
Person : *Trades*
Then no other thing is said, and the seller logs out.
To avoid this, don't buy accounts at all. It breaks the rules that Nexon clearly state on the MapleStory Website.

2.Free NX Cash and Mesos (DANGEROUS)
This is a extremley dangerous scam. The seller has an IGN with jumbled letters, like adsdasd or so. Then, you have been slightly new to Maple Story, so you think if you've never been scammed before, you might try and get funded with NX or Mesos. So you enter the site, and you sign in, and later on your computer has a virus, and your account has been Keylogged. Your computer has a virus and it will spread and your computer will eventually shut down. To avoid this, DON'T GO TO THESE SITES AT ALL.

3.Selling NX
So, you want NX and you see people 'Selling NX'. You ask the person how much you want, and you pay, so you put an item up as 'WANTED', and the seller goes to Maple Trading System. But then, you wait 30 minutes and he never comes out. He actually logged out and you have been scammed. To avoid this, don't buy NX at all. Just buy some with real money or use Maple Trading System and sell some items.

4.Monster Carnival or Ariant Collesium Drop Game
So, you're thinking of PQing in Ariant Collesium. So, you go to there and see a person saying "L>TW@@", so you accept it and you go into the room, and so in the waiting room, the player waits for other players to arrive to TW with them. While waiting, he asks you to drop an item. So you do that, and he drops another one back, and you rush tword it. You fail to pick it up, and he tells you to drop. So you drop your Maple Kandayo that you're gonna use later, and when you're typing "Ha, my Maple Kandayo beats your items!", you are kicked out of the room and the player loots the items. This can also happen in CPQ, but the item dissapears into noone's possesion if everyone goes out of the waiting room. To avoid, read how to avoid the drop game; DON'T DROP ANYTHING AT ALL.
Last edited by skygar9 on Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mizuky
Jr.Balrog

Re: Scams that You Need to Know

Post by Mizuky » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:07 pm

Good Advice (F2) but no one scammed me b4 (exellent)

skygar9
Premium
Premium

Post by skygar9 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:48 am

Nice o-o
But nevertheless, people who HAVE been scammed need to read this

poke1024
Papulatus

Post by poke1024 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:02 pm

good advise, but i never get scammed anymore

i learned my lesson on that

V1212
Red ribbon pig

Post by V1212 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:53 pm

Great advice. Although, your topic does not cover all the scams out there in GMS.
Nevertheless, good work.

chobbilight
Legend

Post by chobbilight » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:56 pm

i got some scams..... ill say ive never used them, some of them atleast
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
when your in mcpq some1 party's you hes like lvl 45 and he says my friend is in ch 12 (cause its mostly empty) and we gonna do trade wins, then he askes you 2 stay back and drops some cool stuff and then he askes you 2 drop your stuff you think he gonna scam you but hes way 2 far and you drop something nooby sow you can c he wont move and he doesn't and you drop your best stuff and he goes in the pq and you go out 2 look if its still there and you say he scammed you but he doesn't know what happened
what happened is that his friend was standing in spiegelman whit darkside and when you were inside his friend looted your stuff and cced
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
this 1 every1 knows= ctrl+space+enter (auto trade)
when you wanna buy nx and some guy says selling nx and he doesn't have nx stuff dont buy it from him
here are some tips
1. buy only from friends you know in real life (cause then you can beat his ass down if he scams you)
2. just dont buy nx from ppl

jonlin
Zakum

Post by jonlin » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:01 am

free gm or mesos or nx

In this scam people will say something like' I can make you a gm or get you nx or give you mesos for free! just give me your
user, email, pass and pin!' thyis is a scam they will just steal your account

zenopop
Crimson Balrog

Post by zenopop » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:35 am

lol i cant be scammed im too smart * knocks on wood*

i heard of one where 2 people ask you to take a quiz and youll get mesos for it but to take the quizz you need to pay 100 mesos first

skygar9
Premium
Premium

Post by skygar9 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:37 am

O-o true that o-o Some are keyloggers anyway -

Zaylo
Jr.Balrog

Post by Zaylo » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:35 pm

actually drop game sometime isnt ascam, the competition at least

nayaz5
Horny Mushroom

Post by nayaz5 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:41 pm

it seems like scam (post too short)

dragon90
Blue ribbon pig

Post by dragon90 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:51 pm

i dropped steelies once and someone looted them im all like wtf that was for my wife so i learnt my lesson (wink)

Lucario7777777
Zombie Mushmom

Post by Lucario7777777 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:29 am

Zaylo wrote:actually drop game sometime isnt ascam, the competition at least

I always go up to someone who is dropping and pickeing up an item continuously in front of other people and I pick up their item. Then they're like, Hey, give that back! and I say no because those people annoy me.

minun27
Slime

Post by minun27 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:04 pm

I got scammed once i lost my work gloves and a whole bunch of stuff the one where you drop stuff at the salon (F4) (F4)

Pepsi
Zombie Mushmom

Post by Pepsi » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:13 am

Nice tips it is very help ful for new people that are new to the game

poke1024
Papulatus

Post by poke1024 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:16 am

yea, its called a Drop Game

KrisKrazy
Mushroom

Post by KrisKrazy » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:37 am

i only got scamed once for maple stars (not really worth scamming for ) thats how i found out about the steely trade trick

KrisKrazy
Mushroom

Post by KrisKrazy » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:54 am

just iNcase u forgot cause i didnt read the whole thing theres a scam that helps the scammers friend IF played right ...... so youre walking around kerning just bored then sumone comes up and ask if u want to clone your equips u say yes and he take u to kerning wep shop and tells u to go to ch19 or 13 where there no one there well u think therres no one there so he tells u to drop any equip or mesos and floor punch it twice and say he'll be outside the wep shop .while hes outside your probaly thinking hehe this might actually work there isnt anyone here so its isnt a scam well your wrong u drop a equips that u rlly need and punches it twice and pick it up u think that u didnt do it right so u try again just when u drop a player comes out of no where and steals your equip/mesos and then that player cc or logs and u try to find the person whole told u about the cloning when u notice hes cc or logged off ... BAMM U GOT DOUBLE SCAMMED LOLZ.... TRY AN AVOID THIS BY INGNORING THE PLAYER THAT TOLD U ABOUT THE CLONING OR DROP SUMTHING NOT VAUABLE AND SEE IF ITS RLLY A SCAM OR CLICK AROUND THE MAP AND TRY TO SPOTT THE PLAYER AND U DONT GET SCAMMED ( YES I CHANGE MY PICS ALOT LOL)

poke1024
Papulatus

Post by poke1024 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:10 am

ya, that happened once to my friend

playa4life01
Mapleanimer

Post by playa4life01 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:15 pm

dude
this is going to help me alot to scam ppl xD
thnx alot (F7) (sarcasm)

im just trying to say iff scammers see this they get better ideas and stuff you know whut i mean ??