Just stop IT

Talk about Beginners
Duality
Papulatus
Just stop IT

Post by Duality » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:22 am

JUST STOP BAD MOUTHING US BEGINNERS MAN "Y U BECAME A PERMA WARRIOR OR THEIF OR M@G3' WE BECAME BEGINNERS BE CUZ WE LEIK THE NON FLASHY SKILLZ AND TOSE PERMA QUESTIONZ LEIK Y U PERMA OR Y U NOOB OR JUST THAT RANDOM FAME OR THE NICE COMMUNITY
PLEASE STOP NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a qoute about being an islander from a good friend of mine, Islandryder,bera

For the most part, no one pays attention to Islanders except for other Islanders. I'm sure Nexon knows knows we're there and they just don't care. Some overdramatic people say they hate us - not true. We could be destroyed in few simple keystrokes if that were true. We're still allowed to stay after level ten, we can use the cash shop, can use mts and can even do some of the new quests as they come out. Event items (usually) drop on the Island and we can use the maple admin for event quests ect. This is about as good as it'll ever get. A PQ will never happen. Stronger monsters... maybe someday, but even JMS Island monsters aren't that great.

Being an islander isn't about leveling fast and having high damage. It isn't about PQing and leeching your way to the top. It isn't about KSing and defaming everyone that gets in your way. It's the exact opposite of that - it's just you, your weapon and some Mushies, pushing yourself to see where you can go on your own. It's about a close-knit, small community of friends and actually having the chance to get to know each other really well. I have WAY more Islander friends than I do Vic friends. It's almost impossible not to make friends when you're all stuck on a tiny little island together and there's only a few people there. Plus, on Vic there are so many people that you get to pick and choose who you wanna get to know. Most of us seek out only those whom we have as much in common with as possible. Most of my Vic friends are about my age, have similar backgrounds and are from the US or Canada. Most of their Maple chars are even within 20 levels or so of mine. Not much to learn there. On Maple Island I've been able to meet people of all ages, from all over the world and get to know a bit about their different cultures. To me that's the best part of the whole experience. Sure, I could play my jobbed chars and get crazy high damage and get godly equips and do all that other cookie cutter crap that will have no impact on my rl, but I prefer not to. Instead I've made great friends, learned about other cultures and have had a crash course in patience 101. I've both recieved and given help with schoolwork (for free too! Free tutors FTW) and got tips on sports, cooking, books and all kinds of other stuff. All in all it's about the community for me, not the content.

And when I get bored and want to PQ, kill higher level monsters or watch the flashy skills, I can always go on my Vic chars ~_~

Another quote

Being an islander is not about the same thing for everyone. I personally have a more post-modern view of islanding; yes, it can be viewed as being pointless, but so can anything else, especially the rest of MS. MS takes almost no skill whatsoever-- it only requires time and patience. As an islander you remove most of the illusion of skill and variety that Nexon throws into the game and the game is boiled down to what it essentially is--an endless grindfest to reach the next level. Islanding is the extreme pole of mapling where the game is as simple as it can be, yet as "challenging" as it can be (in terms of time)

QUOTE FROM REINCRMATE of basilmarket.com

maplefan2
Slime
Location:in the land of milk and cheese jk always moving so i gotta say the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Just stop IT

Post by maplefan2 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:58 am

(F4) You inspired me to become a islander D: dude whats your perma-begginers ign and ill join ya! woooot (hothead) lol and i did get bored of the maple jobs and i want to try something new xD Tell me when i can join you!

Duality
Papulatus

Post by Duality » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:40 am

Im not in a beginner guild sorry but u can try (if ur in bera)contacting islandryder she likes haging out in the place by the mushie quest and the monster map in the top right of the mushie quest area, first portal b4 southperry ithink

i thank you that i inspird u , tats makes me fell like i did, somthing, good xD

jonlin
Zakum

Post by jonlin » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:17 am

Whenever I try to start an islander I get bored and give up
(F6)

Duality
Papulatus

Post by Duality » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:43 pm

Its not about fun, read megs qoute, i mean islanryder's

jonlin
Zakum

Post by jonlin » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:52 am

yeah, I get that but I just am not good at staying with things and I don't have enough time. =p

Duality
Papulatus

Post by Duality » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:33 am

Thats y u become a beginner, a guy i know, a good buddy, joe of bera island, plays like 30mins a week, hes level 30 and doesnt train anymore, just hangs

skygar9
Premium
Premium

Post by skygar9 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:00 pm

I had an islander
and I think I will make a perma noblesse

Duality
Papulatus

Post by Duality » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 am

I will to (exellent) (exellent)

playa4life01
Mapleanimer

Post by playa4life01 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:44 am

im not
ima make a nightwalker (heart)

Duality
Papulatus

Post by Duality » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:00 am

noblesse then NW here (exellent) (exellent)

iSerenity3
Horny Mushroom

Post by iSerenity3 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:04 pm

go permas!~! (cool)

now he is 34 :P

Duality
Papulatus

Post by Duality » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:36 am

WOOT WOOT TOOT TOOT GO PERMAS!!!!!

iSerenity3
Horny Mushroom

Post by iSerenity3 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:07 pm

anti i got another one ~!

Duality
Papulatus

Post by Duality » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:14 am

i cant wait til im level 31 then CPQ

chobbilight
Legend

Post by chobbilight » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:44 pm

AntiNexon wrote:JUST STOP BAD MOUTHING US BEGINNERS MAN "Y U BECAME A PERMA WARRIOR OR THEIF OR M@G3' WE BECAME BEGINNERS BE CUZ WE LEIK THE NON FLASHY SKILLZ AND TOSE PERMA QUESTIONZ LEIK Y U PERMA OR Y U NOOB OR JUST THAT RANDOM FAME OR THE NICE COMMUNITY
PLEASE STOP NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a qoute about being an islander from a good friend of mine, Islandryder,bera

For the most part, no one pays attention to Islanders except for other Islanders. I'm sure Nexon knows knows we're there and they just don't care. Some overdramatic people say they hate us - not true. We could be destroyed in few simple keystrokes if that were true. We're still allowed to stay after level ten, we can use the cash shop, can use mts and can even do some of the new quests as they come out. Event items (usually) drop on the Island and we can use the maple admin for event quests ect. This is about as good as it'll ever get. A PQ will never happen. Stronger monsters... maybe someday, but even JMS Island monsters aren't that great.

Being an islander isn't about leveling fast and having high damage. It isn't about PQing and leeching your way to the top. It isn't about KSing and defaming everyone that gets in your way. It's the exact opposite of that - it's just you, your weapon and some Mushies, pushing yourself to see where you can go on your own. It's about a close-knit, small community of friends and actually having the chance to get to know each other really well. I have WAY more Islander friends than I do Vic friends. It's almost impossible not to make friends when you're all stuck on a tiny little island together and there's only a few people there. Plus, on Vic there are so many people that you get to pick and choose who you wanna get to know. Most of us seek out only those whom we have as much in common with as possible. Most of my Vic friends are about my age, have similar backgrounds and are from the US or Canada. Most of their Maple chars are even within 20 levels or so of mine. Not much to learn there. On Maple Island I've been able to meet people of all ages, from all over the world and get to know a bit about their different cultures. To me that's the best part of the whole experience. Sure, I could play my jobbed chars and get crazy high damage and get godly equips and do all that other cookie cutter crap that will have no impact on my rl, but I prefer not to. Instead I've made great friends, learned about other cultures and have had a crash course in patience 101. I've both recieved and given help with schoolwork (for free too! Free tutors FTW) and got tips on sports, cooking, books and all kinds of other stuff. All in all it's about the community for me, not the content.

And when I get bored and want to PQ, kill higher level monsters or watch the flashy skills, I can always go on my Vic chars ~_~

Another quote

Being an islander is not about the same thing for everyone. I personally have a more post-modern view of islanding; yes, it can be viewed as being pointless, but so can anything else, especially the rest of MS. MS takes almost no skill whatsoever-- it only requires time and patience. As an islander you remove most of the illusion of skill and variety that Nexon throws into the game and the game is boiled down to what it essentially is--an endless grindfest to reach the next level. Islanding is the extreme pole of mapling where the game is as simple as it can be, yet as "challenging" as it can be (in terms of time)

QUOTE FROM REINCRMATE of basilmarket.com

way 2 long for me

Duality
Papulatus

Post by Duality » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:15 am

Its not as long as you would think

chobbilight
Legend

Post by chobbilight » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:47 pm

AntiNexon wrote:Its not as long as you would think