spearman or fighter???

Talk about warriors
ryansar
Blue snail
spearman or fighter???

Post by ryansar » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:32 am

im gonna make a new warroir soon. (F2) so should i become a spearman or fighter? (dont say page because i dont really like it really much) plz help because i dont feel like picking the 2nd job advancement (F3)

Deltice
Slime

Re: spearman or fighter???

Post by Deltice » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:28 pm

Well obviously if you're asking me I would say spearman, but I'll tell you what's good about each class.

WALL OF TEXT ALERT

Fighter:
Fighters are good during every job. During second job they have power guard allowing you to save some pot money when training, also allowing you to have a better chance of staying alive (when getting hit by a physical attack) and rage which gives 12 atk when maxed and can help you also save money not buying attack pots. As a crusader they get the combo system and panic/coma which everyone loves, they also have shout that can be useful because of the stun. During 4th job they get advanced combo, which when maxed and when you have all the orbs, increases your damage to 220%, and brandish which is a great attacking move. They also get enrage which uses 10 orbs from your combo and increases your attack by 26 for 240 seconds. Also if you use a 1h weapon and a shield, you can get guardian which gives you a 15% chance to passively block a monster's attack when it is maxed.

Spearman:
Spearman get hyper body which everyone loves in a party since you have more hp so you don't die as easily. They're damage varies a lot during 2nd job because of the stab and swing differences, but overall they do less than a fighter. During third job though, Dragon Knights will do more damage than a fighter using spear crusher (triple stab attack) that ALSO hits three people :D, they also get fury (giant swing) which has huge range and hits 6. They also get roar which is a full screen attack and can be great while training, they can also use dragon blood, which is just like rage but instead of losing defense, you lose a little bit of hp every few seconds. During fourth job they get berzerk which activates when your hp is below 50% and lets your damage increase to 200%. They also get the beholder which gives you even more mastery and can heal you and give you attack. You can also choose to get achilles which permanently decreases any monsters' damage by 15%, though most people get beholder's healing instead. You also get power stance, which when maxed has a 90% chance that you won't be knocked back when hit by a monster.

Some common skills between the two:
1st job: Everything. Duh.
2nd job: Final attack, when maxed there's a 60% chance you will do another attack after using an attacking skill, allowing you to save some pot money since it doesn't use mp and do more damage when it activates since it is faster than a normal attack. All fighter should get this, but normally spearmen don't unless you use pure spear or pure polearm instead of being hybrid.
3rd job: Nothing
4th job: Maple Warrior, increases all stats by a certain percentage
Rush, pushes up to 10 monsters forward while doing damage
Awakening, basically an all cure with a 10 minute cooldown (not sure if people actually use it)
Monster magnet, pulls a monster closer (no one uses this.)

Comparison:
2nd job: Fighters are better in damage because of it being more stable, spearmen are more wanted in parties due to hyper body.
3rd job: Dragon knights are now better in damage because of the awesome spear crusher, they still are more wanted because of hyper body, but crusaders also have
great damage thanks to the combo system and panic/coma.
4th job: Heros are better than dark knights in damage, they're both wanted in parties, heros because they are great attackers, dark knights because of hyper body, and
because they can still attack.

2nd job: damage: fighter>spearman, parties: spearman>fighter
3rd job: damage: dragon knight>sader, parties: spearman are wanted just a little more
4th job: damage: hero>Dark knight, parties hero=dark knight

Weapons:
Fighters: Price: 1h swords are cheap, 2h swords are expensive, 1h axes are cheap, 2h axes are cheap,
Damage: swords>axes
2h>1h (unless you have a good attack shield)
Spearmen: Price: spears are kinda average, pole arms are a little below avg
Damage: hybrid is the best, though pure spear is better than pure pole arm
hybrid means using both spears and pole arms, you usually use pole arms in second job and during third job you max spear crusher and fury, and
pole arm fury, during 3rd and 4th job it depends what you're hunting/doing to see whether you use spears or pole arms

mochimonsta
Mushroom

Post by mochimonsta » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:09 am

wow instead of just helping the guy who was asking you are helping me make my disisions and I think I should be a fighter but I may consider to becoming an spearman .so thank you

polortide66
Horny Mushroom

Post by polortide66 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:26 am

do fighter, spearman are tanks but they create the illusion that they are THE strongest class of warriors. In fact, the 2-hand axe fighter is the strongest, you may get bored in third job because all of ur skills will rely on combo attack, but that is something that is strongly made up for in power and in 4th job with brandish. It is argueably the BEST warrior attack next to dragon roar and pole arm crusher. Fighters are also faster, so they are able to do more dps, i have had my fair share of both classes and spearman are a little stronger at first, but i would go fighter any time.

jonlin
Zakum

Post by jonlin » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:46 am

Page. but since you seem to hate the best class, goodbye. just goodbye

BTW two handed mace pally is stronger than 2h axe ft

Ikov
Red ribbon pig

Post by Ikov » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:18 pm

Spearman. No doubt. (MS1)

Im making a spearman now because I like polearms and stuff.

benjaminkyu
Mushroom

Post by benjaminkyu » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:49 pm

Spearmen or page u noobs Fighter suck D&#K!!!!!! (exellent) (exellent)

Raizeo
Blue snail

Post by Raizeo » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:12 am

Spearman (skygar9-5) (MS3) (cool)

iistarzx3
Pig

Post by iistarzx3 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:55 pm

Pick Pick Fighter!! >;D

ariandami
Slime

Post by ariandami » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:23 am

im spearman (skygar9-5) (F2) (gatorade-3)

greatman78
Snail

Post by greatman78 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:22 pm

i know this been 6 months old post but i will say this i choose spearman thats really cool i also like pole arms...