The meso bank!

About the development of our BETA Meso system
Froshin
Zombie Mushmom
The meso bank!

Post by Froshin » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:23 pm

So! As some of you may know, we have a meso bank.
[http://www.mapleanime.com/bank]
Basicly, in the bank, all the meso you loose when gambling ends up.
There's several thoughs about what todo with the bank.

I'd like to present a couple of them, beginning with one of mine.

So, my suggestion is that the bank will give a random person gambling, at any time, a .5% chanse of winning 1 million, which is then subtracted from the bank.
Then, the prize will be locked for 24hours. The prize could vary depending on how much the community looses by gambling per day, because I want it to progress forward so that it's got at least 120% of the lost 1million back after 24hours.

Then, as the bank reaches certain amounts of meso, we could host events.
An example of the event could be doubled prizes when winning. ( Eg. If you gamble 50k you'd only loose 50k like normally if you fail, but win at least 200k ( instead of 100k, which you'd do normally if you won ).
This would also mean that if you gambled 10k and got the *5 prize, you would win 100k instead of 50k.

-------

Another suggestion would be having a jackpot. Basicly, at a REALLY small percentage ( Maybe 0.05%? ) a lucky gambler could win all the meso from the bank.
A problem with this is that if somebody who barely gambles gets it, they could holdonto it for a while and keep 1st place, and the bank would have to build up again with help from the people with less money.
But this could also give people motivation to gamble meso like crazy ;P

-------

Another thing worth mentioning is that since the meso system is still in a beta phase, there's more content comming to it, which might have use for the bank.

So. Please leave your thoughs about theese two ideas, and post your own ones!

MsMeowzers
Papulatus

Re: The meso bank!

Post by MsMeowzers » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:55 pm

ROBBING.
It'd be a small thing, you'd go to the bank page and choose to look at the mesos or rob it.
Every day there would be a small percent change of successfully robbing the bank of up to 1000 mesos. However if you fail, you will get fined a lot of mesos.
Stupid, but genius. You could also ask people if they can help you,which increases your rate of success. For example, if its .5% that day and you have 10 people helping you, you'd have a 10% chance.
Both of your ideas I like though, good job.

Froshin
Zombie Mushmom

Post by Froshin » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:00 pm

MsMeowzers wrote:ROBBING.
It'd be a small thing, you'd go to the bank page and choose to look at the mesos or rob it.
Every day there would be a small percent change of successfully robbing the bank of up to 1000 mesos. However if you fail, you will get fined a lot of mesos.
Stupid, but genius. You could also ask people if they can help you,which increases your rate of success. For example, if its .5% that day and you have 10 people helping you, you'd have a 10% chance.

Your idea could work, however we'd need to change the meso to a much higher value ( 1k is much to little ).
I assume that, if more people would gang up the meso would be split? That could work, but how'd you decide which people go with you? Maybe some sort of timer, and people can apply to attempt to rob each 10 minutes?

Oh, an I assume you mean it's 1% right? Because if you're a total of ten people ( I assume that's what you meant, and not 11 ( 10 people helping + you ) ), each one would contribute with one percent?

Oh, and depending on the percentage for a succefull rob each day, the more money it would be worth the less the percentage?

That might work, thanks for sharing your thoughs!

MsMeowzers
Papulatus

Post by MsMeowzers » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:33 am

Froshin wrote:
MsMeowzers wrote:ROBBING.

Your idea could work, however we'd need to change the meso to a much higher value ( 1k is much to little ).
I assume that, if more people would gang up the meso would be split? That could work, but how'd you decide which people go with you? Maybe some sort of timer, and people can apply to attempt to rob each 10 minutes?

Oh, an I assume you mean it's 1% right? Because if you're a total of ten people ( I assume that's what you meant, and not 11 ( 10 people helping + you ) ), each one would contribute with one percent?

Oh, and depending on the percentage for a succefull rob each day, the more money it would be worth the less the percentage?

That might work, thanks for sharing your thoughs!

*Thumbs up*
I was half asleep.
You added to it, more than what I thought of.

Gillian
Free sunscreen monkeyleg
Free sunscreen monkeyleg

Post by Gillian » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:53 am

I like the jackpot and Robbing idea. What if we combine them both? But with a percentage. If the bank has 25mil and someone hits the jackpot, the margin would be too much.

So maybe a random percentage between 30 and 70% of the total amount of mesos in the bank could be won through jackpot. That is, if the bank has too much mesos. So for example you hit the jackpot with 40% of all mesos (10m) then you'd get 4m on your balance..

Robbing the bank is a good idea too. We can implement both of them.

potato12
Slime

Post by potato12 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:44 am

how about every week we do a drawing 2 lucky people get 5% of wats inside the bank? but itll require 1 point or 20k mesos

Wizit6134
Papulatus

Post by Wizit6134 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:10 am

potato12 wrote:how about every week we do a drawing 2 lucky people get 5% of wats inside the bank? but itll require 1 point or 20k mesos

thats a great idea, instead of giving all the meso in bank, givaway only a percentage. But i also hav a idea, we should also hav a lottery bank, were we giv like 1k meso for a chance to win lottary, and the total amount of meso paid for lottary is the prize money. And some meso from the gambling bank could chip in (gatorade-2)

Froshin
Zombie Mushmom

Post by Froshin » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:37 pm

Wizit6134 wrote: But i also hav a idea, we should also hav a lottery bank, were we giv like 1k meso for a chance to win lottary, and the total amount of meso paid for lottary is the prize money. And some meso from the gambling bank could chip in (gatorade-2)

Perhaps everyone could contribute as much as they wanted to the lottery (or have some limit, like 1 mil meso ). And the amount of meso the person put into the lottery in comparison to the total amount of meso put into it would determinate what percentage of chance the person has to win.

So if he gave 1k meso, and the total amount was 100k, he has a 1% chance of winning it all. Whilist someone who donated 49k has a 49% chance.

jaccaj
Jr.Balrog

Post by jaccaj » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:36 am

Froshin wrote:
Wizit6134 wrote: But i also hav a idea, we should also hav a lottery bank, were we giv like 1k meso for a chance to win lottary, and the total amount of meso paid for lottary is the prize money. And some meso from the gambling bank could chip in (gatorade-2)

Perhaps everyone could contribute as much as they wanted to the lottery (or have some limit, like 1 mil meso ). And the amount of meso the person put into the lottery in comparison to the total amount of meso put into it would determinate what percentage of chance the person has to win.

So if he gave 1k meso, and the total amount was 100k, he has a 1% chance of winning it all. Whilist someone who donated 49k has a 49% chance.

i shall laugh if some1 put in 1 meso and got like 10 mil

potato12
Slime

Post by potato12 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:56 am

Froshin wrote:

i like the lottery aspect of it but we should put in a ticket vendor that sells tickets for like 1-3k ea?and the person who buys the ticket will put in like 4 numbers(ranging from like 0-50?) on the card and then so its cheater proof the card "locks" it self so he/she cant modify their numbers after he/she clicks a submit button at the bottom of the card (also we should have a tab that stores the persons lotto cards.) and then at the end of the day/week/month there will be the number picking thing but the numbers its allowed to pick has to be from the numbers people picked or it could be set to choose any random 4 numbers. but any card that has not been submitted will ether get refunded or discarded. the winner will then get notified that he/she won, the person will then have like a week to retrieve there money. the money that's won will be all the money that people spent on buying the tickets plus like a 1%-10%('cause there's a lot of money in there) addition from the bank.also i was thinking there should be like a limit to the amount of cards some1 can buy per day/week/month. there should also be days when the money won is doubled ( except the money added from the bank).
but wat would happen if two people got the same numbers? i guess the money won would be split. but wat would happen if EVRY1 choose the same numbers :P

chobbilight
Legend

Post by chobbilight » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:05 am

potato12 wrote:
Froshin wrote:

i like the lottery aspect of it but we should put in a ticket vendor that sells tickets for like 1-3k ea?and the person who buys the ticket will put in like 4 numbers(ranging from like 0-50?) on the card and then so its cheater proof the card "locks" it self so he/she cant modify their numbers after he/she clicks a submit button at the bottom of the card (also we should have a tab that stores the persons lotto cards.) and then at the end of the day/week/month there will be the number picking thing but the numbers its allowed to pick has to be from the numbers people picked or it could be set to choose any random 4 numbers. but any card that has not been submitted will ether get refunded or discarded. the winner will then get notified that he/she won, the person will then have like a week to retrieve there money. the money that's won will be all the money that people spent on buying the tickets plus like a 1%-10%('cause there's a lot of money in there) addition from the bank.also i was thinking there should be like a limit to the amount of cards some1 can buy per day/week/month. there should also be days when the money won is doubled ( except the money added from the bank).
but wat would happen if two people got the same numbers? i guess the money won would be split. but wat would happen if EVRY1 choose the same numbers :P

than that means it will be split into 10-20 ppl cause those are active