SERVER SHUTTING DOWN FOR GOOD.

Montycarlo
Zombie Mushmom
SERVER SHUTTING DOWN FOR GOOD.

Post by Montycarlo » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:09 am

Hio, its been a while.

Today I received an email from my host regarding the content on my website. Below is a snippet.
We have recently received notification regarding the unlicensed use of copyright material on the montycarlo.com.au website.

The complaint relates specifically to the material displayed within the Home, Play and Database sections. It is alleged that these sections contain copyrighted code, artwork and protected trademarks.

This notification indicates breach of the held Acceptable Use Policy.

We therefore are required to issue an official take down notice.

It seems that Nexon has made a move on my supportive content that compliments their own - a dishonorable move, however it's clearly within their rights and therefore I must comply. It is unconfirmed as to if Nexon is the origin of this complaint, however what other party would instigate this scenario? I have requested my host to forward the complaint to me for lulz.

A Pirate's Fury will cease to run from the 22nd of December 2010 at 5pm. You have 24 hours to play your last games of it.

There will be no more Maplestory Flash games from me. There are a lot of pet peeves I have with the development cycle of a Maple game and the lack of sponsor option due to copyright infringement is highly unappealing. I'm moving towards indie development on the Android Platform.

Cheers guys. You made it worth it.

EmberSparks
Papulatus

Re: SERVER SHUTTING DOWN FOR GOOD.

Post by EmberSparks » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:08 am

NOOOoooOOOooo!
Darn them!
Goodbye....

crutchfield
Papulatus

Post by crutchfield » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:09 pm

Wow . . . of everything they could have shut down, like one of the thousands of private servers, they decide to shut down your flash game (F7)

Wizit6134
Papulatus

Post by Wizit6134 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:26 pm

DAMIT ALL OF A SUDDEN NEXON IS SHUTTING DOWN EVERYTHING. FIRST RHYDAHMS(I THINK I SPELT IT WRONG) NOW THIS (hothead)

Froshin
Zombie Mushmom

Post by Froshin » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:08 am

Psh, when it comes to privateservers it's another case. It's basiclly ripping the whole game, code & all, and re-emulate it, thus stealing valuable players.

It's nothing like this. And It upsets me when nexon global for shutting down stuff like this ( And for instance, not allowing bannedstory to use their material ), because it might lead to valuable players quitting.

Also,
It surprised me you're into making games for the android platform, haha. :o

Gatorade
Papulatus

Post by Gatorade » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:31 pm

Did I hear games for Androids? :D
Want kind of games because currently i'm using and Android to post this post.

Animedude
Horny Mushroom

Post by Animedude » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:02 pm

Montycarlo wrote:Hio, its been a while.

Today I received an email from my host regarding the content on my website. Below is a snippet.
We have recently received notification regarding the unlicensed use of copyright material on the montycarlo.com.au website.

The complaint relates specifically to the material displayed within the Home, Play and Database sections. It is alleged that these sections contain copyrighted code, artwork and protected trademarks.

This notification indicates breach of the held Acceptable Use Policy.

We therefore are required to issue an official take down notice.

It seems that Nexon has made a move on my supportive content that compliments their own - a dishonorable move, however it's clearly within their rights and therefore I must comply. It is unconfirmed as to if Nexon is the origin of this complaint, however what other party would instigate this scenario? I have requested my host to forward the complaint to me for lulz.

A Pirate's Fury will cease to run from the 22nd of December 2010 at 5pm. You have 24 hours to play your last games of it.

There will be no more Maplestory Flash games from me. There are a lot of pet peeves I have with the development cycle of a Maple game and the lack of sponsor option due to copyright infringement is highly unappealing. I'm moving towards indie development on the Android Platform.

Cheers guys. You made it worth it.

WHAT NOOOOOOOOOOOO

qweboost23
Zakum

Post by qweboost23 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:11 am

pirate's fury like the best flash game i played, (gatorade-1)

tazjhee
Slime

Post by tazjhee » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:27 pm

Froshin wrote:Psh, when it comes to privateservers it's another case. It's basiclly ripping the whole game, code & all, and re-emulate it, thus stealing valuable players.

It's nothing like this. And It upsets me when nexon global for shutting down stuff like this ( And for instance, not allowing bannedstory to use their material ), because it might lead to valuable players quitting.

Also,

whats ur main on europe XD myn=WeetIkNie123 add me plz (exellent)

Mechy
Zakum

Post by Mechy » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:23 am

qweboost23 wrote:pirate's fury like the best flash game i played, (gatorade-1)

yeah me too (F4)

tazjhee
Slime

Post by tazjhee » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:59 am

good news for people that liked pirate fury im making a game like that but i guess not with a pirate people may vote for job (no mechanic,wild hunter,cannon shooter,devil slayer or dual bow)
but dont get angry bcs its taking so long i needa go to school so im not 24/7 working on it so it might take 2years(if bad things happen 3 or 4years) well thats it vote for a job and all be happy (F2)

tazjhee
Slime

Post by tazjhee » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:44 pm

as i already told you on your youtube account f*ck nexon just put it back on the internet

xXDratosXx
Mushroom

Post by xXDratosXx » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:38 pm

Froshin wrote:Psh, when it comes to privateservers it's another case. It's basiclly ripping the whole game, code & all, and re-emulate it, thus stealing valuable players.

Also,

Well, Nexon finally lets bannedstory use their material... But seriously, a flash game?!! REALLY?!!! (MS5)

chaosoul
Horny Mushroom

Post by chaosoul » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:21 pm

Im pretty surprised too a flashgame but not 105734760324775017 other private servers?

datkid8
Red snail

Post by datkid8 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:42 am

No wonder it won't play (hothead) . people making bullsh*it bout it like it came back. And btw i want to be higher than blue snail. Only 2 posts? Wtf. Also, some of my posts may be important (like i'm making these types flashgames) So please lemme post!