SERVER SHUTTING DOWN FOR GOOD.

User avatar
Montycarlo
Zombie Mushmom
Posts: 473
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:30 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia.
Contact:

SERVER SHUTTING DOWN FOR GOOD.

Postby Montycarlo » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:09 am

Hio, its been a while.

Today I received an email from my host regarding the content on my website. Below is a snippet.
We have recently received notification regarding the unlicensed use of copyright material on the montycarlo.com.au website.

The complaint relates specifically to the material displayed within the Home, Play and Database sections. It is alleged that these sections contain copyrighted code, artwork and protected trademarks.

This notification indicates breach of the held Acceptable Use Policy.

We therefore are required to issue an official take down notice.


It seems that Nexon has made a move on my supportive content that compliments their own - a dishonorable move, however it's clearly within their rights and therefore I must comply. It is unconfirmed as to if Nexon is the origin of this complaint, however what other party would instigate this scenario? I have requested my host to forward the complaint to me for lulz.

A Pirate's Fury will cease to run from the 22nd of December 2010 at 5pm. You have 24 hours to play your last games of it.

There will be no more Maplestory Flash games from me. There are a lot of pet peeves I have with the development cycle of a Maple game and the lack of sponsor option due to copyright infringement is highly unappealing. I'm moving towards indie development on the Android Platform.

Cheers guys. You made it worth it.

User avatar
EmberSparks
Papulatus
Posts: 1176
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:37 am
Location: Malaysia

Re: SERVER SHUTTING DOWN FOR GOOD.

Postby EmberSparks » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:08 am

NOOOoooOOOooo!
Darn them!
Goodbye....

User avatar
crutchfield
Papulatus
Posts: 1488
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:01 pm
Location: USA,Wisconsin

Re: SERVER SHUTTING DOWN FOR GOOD.

Postby crutchfield » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:09 pm

Wow . . . of everything they could have shut down, like one of the thousands of private servers, they decide to shut down your flash game (F7)

User avatar
Wizit6134
Papulatus
Posts: 1229
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:26 pm
Location: New York

Re: SERVER SHUTTING DOWN FOR GOOD.

Postby Wizit6134 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:26 pm

DAMIT ALL OF A SUDDEN NEXON IS SHUTTING DOWN EVERYTHING. FIRST RHYDAHMS(I THINK I SPELT IT WRONG) NOW THIS (hothead)

User avatar
Froshin
Zombie Mushmom
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:58 am

Re: SERVER SHUTTING DOWN FOR GOOD.

Postby Froshin » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:08 am

Psh, when it comes to privateservers it's another case. It's basiclly ripping the whole game, code & all, and re-emulate it, thus stealing valuable players.

It's nothing like this. And It upsets me when nexon global for shutting down stuff like this ( And for instance, not allowing bannedstory to use their material ), because it might lead to valuable players quitting.


Also,
It surprised me you're into making games for the android platform, haha. :o

User avatar
Gatorade
Papulatus
Posts: 1490
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:45 am
Location: CaLiFoRnIA~

Re: SERVER SHUTTING DOWN FOR GOOD.

Postby Gatorade » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:31 pm

Did I hear games for Androids? :D
Want kind of games because currently i'm using and Android to post this post.

User avatar
Animedude
Horny Mushroom
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:32 pm

Re: SERVER SHUTTING DOWN FOR GOOD.

Postby Animedude » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:02 pm

Montycarlo wrote:Hio, its been a while.

Today I received an email from my host regarding the content on my website. Below is a snippet.
We have recently received notification regarding the unlicensed use of copyright material on the montycarlo.com.au website.

The complaint relates specifically to the material displayed within the Home, Play and Database sections. It is alleged that these sections contain copyrighted code, artwork and protected trademarks.

This notification indicates breach of the held Acceptable Use Policy.

We therefore are required to issue an official take down notice.


It seems that Nexon has made a move on my supportive content that compliments their own - a dishonorable move, however it's clearly within their rights and therefore I must comply. It is unconfirmed as to if Nexon is the origin of this complaint, however what other party would instigate this scenario? I have requested my host to forward the complaint to me for lulz.

A Pirate's Fury will cease to run from the 22nd of December 2010 at 5pm. You have 24 hours to play your last games of it.

There will be no more Maplestory Flash games from me. There are a lot of pet peeves I have with the development cycle of a Maple game and the lack of sponsor option due to copyright infringement is highly unappealing. I'm moving towards indie development on the Android Platform.

Cheers guys. You made it worth it.

WHAT NOOOOOOOOOOOO

User avatar
qweboost23
Zakum
Posts: 1529
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:21 am
Location: PokeMaplemon World

Re: SERVER SHUTTING DOWN FOR GOOD.

Postby qweboost23 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:11 am

pirate's fury like the best flash game i played, (gatorade-1)

User avatar
tazjhee
Slime
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:37 pm
Location: ur house

Re: SERVER SHUTTING DOWN FOR GOOD.

Postby tazjhee » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:27 pm

Froshin wrote:Psh, when it comes to privateservers it's another case. It's basiclly ripping the whole game, code & all, and re-emulate it, thus stealing valuable players.

It's nothing like this. And It upsets me when nexon global for shutting down stuff like this ( And for instance, not allowing bannedstory to use their material ), because it might lead to valuable players quitting.


Also,
It surprised me you're into making games for the android platform, haha. :o


whats ur main on europe XD myn=WeetIkNie123 add me plz (exellent)

User avatar
Mechy
Zakum
Posts: 2469
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:39 pm
Location: My Computer chair
Contact:

Re: SERVER SHUTTING DOWN FOR GOOD.

Postby Mechy » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:23 am

qweboost23 wrote:pirate's fury like the best flash game i played, (gatorade-1)

yeah me too (F4)

User avatar
tazjhee
Slime
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:37 pm
Location: ur house

Re: SERVER SHUTTING DOWN FOR GOOD.

Postby tazjhee » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:59 am

good news for people that liked pirate fury im making a game like that but i guess not with a pirate people may vote for job (no mechanic,wild hunter,cannon shooter,devil slayer or dual bow)
but dont get angry bcs its taking so long i needa go to school so im not 24/7 working on it so it might take 2years(if bad things happen 3 or 4years) well thats it vote for a job and all be happy (F2)

User avatar
tazjhee
Slime
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:37 pm
Location: ur house

Re: SERVER SHUTTING DOWN FOR GOOD.

Postby tazjhee » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:44 pm

as i already told you on your youtube account f*ck nexon just put it back on the internet

User avatar
xXDratosXx
Mushroom
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:00 am

Re: SERVER SHUTTING DOWN FOR GOOD.

Postby xXDratosXx » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:38 pm

Froshin wrote:Psh, when it comes to privateservers it's another case. It's basiclly ripping the whole game, code & all, and re-emulate it, thus stealing valuable players.

It's nothing like this. And It upsets me when nexon global for shutting down stuff like this ( And for instance, not allowing bannedstory to use their material ), because it might lead to valuable players quitting.


Also,
It surprised me you're into making games for the android platform, haha. :o

Well, Nexon finally lets bannedstory use their material... But seriously, a flash game?!! REALLY?!!! (MS5)

User avatar
chaosoul
Horny Mushroom
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 1:32 am
Location: Cookie Land

Re: SERVER SHUTTING DOWN FOR GOOD.

Postby chaosoul » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:21 pm

Im pretty surprised too a flashgame but not 105734760324775017 other private servers?

User avatar
datkid8
Red snail
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:13 pm

Re: SERVER SHUTTING DOWN FOR GOOD.

Postby datkid8 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:42 am

No wonder it won't play (hothead) . people making bullsh*it bout it like it came back. And btw i want to be higher than blue snail. Only 2 posts? Wtf. Also, some of my posts may be important (like i'm making these types flashgames) So please lemme post!


Return to “A Pirate's Fury”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest