A Pirate's Fury - RELEASED!

jonlin
Zakum
Re: A Pirate's Fury

Post by jonlin » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:53 am

Montycarlo wrote:Sorry, but the game is not out yet. I'm merely waiting on sponsorship

read the other posts. he will post it here and gilly will upload it once he has a sponsor

powdarryl
Red snail

Post by powdarryl » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:32 am

Hey monty, tell me when it is finished.. i keeep going to yr blog to see if it is finished. i am super excited. go monty go.. (F2) can't wait to play a pirate's fury.

Montycarlo
Zombie Mushmom

Post by Montycarlo » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:37 am

No problem! I'll pm you the minute it's released!

Check topic post.

Gillian
Free sunscreen monkeyleg
Free sunscreen monkeyleg

Post by Gillian » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:45 am

Montycarlo wrote:No problem! I'll pm you the minute it's released!

Check topic post.

Oh man that really sucks. So you're going to implant those moochi ads? If I may ask, how much did you like the sponsors to pay you?

Montycarlo
Zombie Mushmom

Post by Montycarlo » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:02 am

Yeah, I haven't tried Mochi Ad's yet. I'm going to give them a go.
I don't know how much my game is worth to a sponsor, since I have no experience in that area as this would have been the first.
They offered $1,500.

Gillian
Free sunscreen monkeyleg
Free sunscreen monkeyleg

Post by Gillian » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:05 am

Montycarlo wrote:Yeah, I haven't tried Mochi Ad's yet. I'm going to give them a go.
I don't know how much my game is worth to a sponsor, since I have no experience in that area as this would have been the first.
They offered $1,500.

Wow that's a lot more than I expected O_O

jonlin
Zakum

Post by jonlin » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:53 am

aww, it is too bad that you can't get a sponsor. Will the various ads slow the game down at all? also, how long are they?

Montycarlo
Zombie Mushmom

Post by Montycarlo » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:11 am

jonlin wrote:aww, it is too bad that you can't get a sponsor. Will the various ads slow the game down at all? also, how long are they?

As in FPS? Not a frame.
In the general pace of the game? It won't bother you that much.
They are 10 seconds long I think.

powdarryl
Red snail

Post by powdarryl » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:29 am

hey monty, erm how do i get that sponsership cause i wan to play beta.... i just can't wait. it is quite boring playing chief dit on maple everyday.. i wanna try out a pirate's fury. I WILL BE ROOTING FOR YOU!!! (F2) jyjy.

Dracoplasm
Zakum

Post by Dracoplasm » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:16 am

Hey Monty i have something that may work try y8.com and if it doesnt work i have plan b WE'LL ALL HELP U FOR THE ADS!

Montycarlo
Zombie Mushmom

Post by Montycarlo » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:40 am

SET RELEASE DATE: 5pm on Wednesday, the 28th of January, GMT + 10!

Bandits
Slime

Post by Bandits » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:37 pm

Montycarlo wrote:Official Website for A Pirate's Fury

SET RELEASE DATE: 5pm on Wednesday, the 28th of January, GMT + 10!

It seems that I won't achieve sponsorship, merely because the sprites are stolen.

Out of all the sponsors I contacted, 70% of them picked up on how I mentioned that the sprites were stolen in my original email, most of the remaining 30% rejected the game because of it's file size, due to complications that would blow their bandwidth usage for the month through the roof. Of those who did not reject the game and kept in contact with me, pursued me to make an offer, 1 made an outstanding offer. I talked with him over messenger this morning about the size issue and payment details. I figured out that he didn't realize that the sprites were stolen and this was not an original game, so I told him, because you cannot keep such details away from such parties. He immediately withdrew his offer, and made the suggestion (Just like a few other sponsors have) to re-skin the game and then he will happily go through with sponsorship. With such a large game, doing so would be a mountainous task that I'm not willing to commit myself to nor do I have the skill to produce art of that quality. So, sponsorship will not occur for "A Pirate's Fury", I'm going to have to resort to my backup plan.

The plan is to involve in-game and website advertisements.

However these advertisements generally do not produce much returns, so I'm going to have to increase the amount of them in the game (An ad will appear every 5 map changes) and rely on enough views to return an adequate amount.

With no market apart from these in-game advertisements, I feel I should step away from making any more Maplestory games, and copyrighted material in general.

it comes out tomorrow?? Sweeeeetttt (cool) (cool)

Strike
Blue ribbon pig

Post by Strike » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:50 pm

Hey once a Pirates Fury comes out I will be willing to be a tester and sacrifice my time to improve the game however i can. (F2)

Montycarlo
Zombie Mushmom

Post by Montycarlo » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:07 am

Released! Check first post!

zhulov3rz
Mushroom
Location:C:\Program Files\WIZET\Maple Story\DataBase\pigdude.cif

Re: A Pirate's Fury - RELEASED!

Post by zhulov3rz » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:19 pm

Montycarlo wrote:Official Website for A Pirate's Fury
A Pirate's Fury! Vote 5 Please!
Game Released!

It seems that I won't achieve sponsorship, merely because the sprites are stolen.

Out of all the sponsors I contacted, 70% of them picked up on how I mentioned that the sprites were stolen in my original email, most of the remaining 30% rejected the game because of it's file size, due to complications that would blow their bandwidth usage for the month through the roof. Of those who did not reject the game and kept in contact with me, pursued me to make an offer, 1 made an outstanding offer. I talked with him over messenger this morning about the size issue and payment details. I figured out that he didn't realize that the sprites were stolen and this was not an original game, so I told him, because you cannot keep such details away from such parties. He immediately withdrew his offer, and made the suggestion (Just like a few other sponsors have) to re-skin the game and then he will happily go through with sponsorship. With such a large game, doing so would be a mountainous task that I'm not willing to commit myself to nor do I have the skill to produce art of that quality. So, sponsorship will not occur for "A Pirate's Fury", I'm going to have to resort to my backup plan.

The plan is to involve in-game and website advertisements.

However these advertisements generally do not produce much returns, so I'm going to have to increase the amount of them in the game (An ad will appear every 5 map changes) and rely on enough views to return an adequate amount.

With no market apart from these in-game advertisements, I feel I should step away from making any more Maplestory games, and copyrighted material in general.

its so sadddddddddd (F4) *cries after reading this*

Gillian
Free sunscreen monkeyleg
Free sunscreen monkeyleg

Post by Gillian » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:55 pm

Please continue talking about the game here

viewtopic.php?f=54&p=1655#p1654

rayzote
Slime

Post by rayzote » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:53 pm

Now a lack of a brawler game hahahahahah

pandasin2
Blue ribbon pig

Post by pandasin2 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:14 pm

umm its kinda slow and whn i go to the nxt room with the background and music its laggs

Bandits
Slime

Post by Bandits » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:06 pm

I cant play the game if im lagging? (F6)

Bandits
Slime

Post by Bandits » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:06 pm

Gillian wrote:Please continue talking about the game here

viewtopic.php?f=54&p=1655#p1654

Srry didnt see that (F6)