A Pirate's Fury

Gillian
Free sunscreen monkeyleg
Free sunscreen monkeyleg
A Pirate's Fury

Post by Gillian » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:45 pm

I take great pleasure to announce that A Pirate's Fury is now playable in our Flash section.

Montycarlo has just released the game today.

The game is very complete with quests, drops, stores, equips and more. It is the greatest and most complete Maplestory flash game we have ever seen. Montycarlo worked on this project for 7 months.

Please welcome,

A Pirate's Fury! (F2)

Discussion can be found here

viewforum.php?f=54

Montycarlo
Zombie Mushmom

Re: A Pirate's Fury

Post by Montycarlo » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:54 pm

A big special thank-you to Gillian for answering all my annoying questions regarding problems with servers!

The 'No-Sound' version, use this if you experience lag!
This is the No-sound version. If you experienced lag on the version with sound, this is the one for you. It doesn't have the sound clips in the library, meaning it's not on call, so there is 1.5 MB less on call each frame.

If you are still experiencing lag, disable the background with Menu->Options, if the background is already disabled, close down any background applications (Media player, Games..)

This game may not work on all computers, it works 100% as intended on my computer, although some users on newgrounds have complained that the game was laggy, and that they fell through the floor. The sound is what most likely is causing this, as soon as I added it in, people started falling through the floor, the game would sort of 'ripple' and get all fidgety on certain platforms. Please post any glitches you may encounter here, I'll try my best to fix them.
If it's not too much trouble, please stop by in this link and vote 5 please!
Last edited by Montycarlo on Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

maplesindit
Red snail

Post by maplesindit » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:06 pm

i cant find the drugy in the town0-0

Gillian
Free sunscreen monkeyleg
Free sunscreen monkeyleg

Post by Gillian » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:08 pm

maplesindit wrote:i cant find the drugy in the town0-0

When you spawn, climb up and go to the right.

sfdude13
Blue ribbon pig

Post by sfdude13 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:05 pm

Nice choice of starting music, though it is a kind of a shame that Monty waqs never really able to find a good sponsor. I just hope that someday, someone will be able to beat sfdude13 in the hi-scores chart.

Uh oh... I just noticed that my guys going beserk in the backgrounds of the ice stages. It's going abnormally fast and my guys is flying through the scenery. For some odd reason, The beta was working a lot better than this
Last edited by sfdude13 on Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sfdude13
Blue ribbon pig

Post by sfdude13 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:07 pm

by the way, has the hi-scores been reset and has the help page been finished? Because I can't seem to get to the highscores from the game.

omri011
Snail

Post by omri011 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:24 pm

How do I get coke vouchers? D:

Montycarlo
Zombie Mushmom

Post by Montycarlo » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:38 pm

sfdude13 wrote:Nice choice of starting music, though it is a kind of a shame that Monty waqs never really able to find a good sponsor. I just hope that someday, someone will be able to beat sfdude13 in the hi-scores chart.

Uh oh... I just noticed that my guys going beserk in the backgrounds of the ice stages. It's going abnormally fast and my guys is flying through the scenery. For some odd reason, The beta was working a lot better than this
Can you please provide a video?
It may be the sound, try disabling it in the options menu. As soon as I added it, people started falling through the floor :X
omri011 wrote:How do I get coke vouchers? D:
http://203.213.104.214/APF/index.php?viewPage=4&viewID=18
sfdude13 wrote:by the way, has the hi-scores been reset and has the help page been finished? Because I can't seem to get to the highscores from the game.
No, the high scores were not reset. The help page has been finished, although it may seem incomplete. If you think something is missing from there, and would like to write a couple of lines on the missing topic, please don't hesitate and pm it to me straight away. Have you gone to http://piratefury.montycarlo.com.au and followed the link in the banner?

jonlin
Zakum

Post by jonlin » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:10 pm

um this isnt really a glitch but in the ads you can get them to vibrate by pressing left and right quickly xD

also, sometimes when i open a shop or inventory or something, the game screen starts to vibrate lol.

Montycarlo
Zombie Mushmom

Post by Montycarlo » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:20 pm

jonlin wrote:um this isnt really a glitch but in the ads you can get them to vibrate by pressing left and right quickly xD

also, sometimes when i open a shop or inventory or something, the game screen starts to vibrate lol.

Oh haha, I noticed that too, but it's not worth an update just for that.
Yeah, that's flash when there's so many sprites on the screen, with low quality. Nothing I can do.

pandasin2
Blue ribbon pig

Post by pandasin2 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:24 pm

how come whn u go to the next room and if u hav the music and background on, it laggs

jonlin
Zakum

Post by jonlin » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:31 pm

Flash, low quality, sound takes A LOT of speed/space or something like that

also, monty if you use dash a lot you can go into negative mp ill have a screenshot up soon if you want.

Montycarlo
Zombie Mushmom

Post by Montycarlo » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:48 pm

jonlin wrote:Flash, low quality, sound takes A LOT of speed/space or something like that

also, monty if you use dash a lot you can go into negative mp ill have a screenshot up soon if you want.

What! I thought I fixed that in Beta!
Mustn't have saved... :X

jonlin
Zakum

Post by jonlin » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:15 pm

umm i found another glitch... i died at the edge of the screen and got knocked over to the left, off the screen. Then I couldn't revive and the game got stuck.

Montycarlo
Zombie Mushmom

Post by Montycarlo » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:28 pm

jonlin wrote:umm i found another glitch... i died at the edge of the screen and got knocked over to the left, off the screen. Then I couldn't revive and the game got stuck.
Ah I see.
I'm going to fix all these glitches, then release two versions; One without and one with sound, to cater for the people who lag.

MayWu
Slime

Post by MayWu » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:14 am

i don't think we can jump high enough to get on hte stonge beside the duggie
AND U GAVE ME HORRIBLE EYES.... LIKE HORRIBLE.. i can't even play it anymore just look at the eyes make me feel weird....

Gillian
Free sunscreen monkeyleg
Free sunscreen monkeyleg

Post by Gillian » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:19 am

MayWu wrote:i don't think we can jump high enough to get on hte stonge beside the duggie
AND U GAVE ME HORRIBLE EYES.... LIKE HORRIBLE.. i can't even play it anymore just look at the eyes make me feel weird....

You picked the eyes yourself...

pandasin2
Blue ribbon pig

Post by pandasin2 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:02 am

monty i was looking at ur stats on the high score page and how do u hav 150 att at lvl41!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pandasin2
Blue ribbon pig

Post by pandasin2 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:03 am

im rank 3 on high score board! (exellent)

Dracoplasm
Zakum

Post by Dracoplasm » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:28 am

This game rocks imma try it now!