How google makes money

Here you can post forum games and other.
lolificated
Papulatus
How google makes money

Post by lolificated » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:53 am

One of the question I often have to answer is: “How does Google make money?”. They don’t sell any product, everything you use from them is free and on top of that they seem to be very active in the “open source” community. So how the hell can they cash-in?
.Advertisement
Advertisement, that’s how Google is making its money. Every time you do a search on Google, you’ve probably noticed that there was a section called “Sponsored Links”. Every time you click on one of those links, Google charge a certain amount of money to the website for the click. When you go on a website you’ll notice advertising from Google too. MA has ads from Google. Same thing happens here, when you click, Google charge a certain amount of money to the website you clicked on and part of that money is given to the webmaster publishing the ads. This is called AdSense and is an enormous source of income for Google.

How much does Google charge for a click?
The price advertisers pay for a click depends on a lot of factors and this is where Google is playing smart. They use some sort of bidding system. When you want to advertise with Google, you select keywords you are targeting. Let’s say I own an online guitar store and I want to bring potential customers to my website. I’m going to bid on the keywords “guitar” and “buy guitar” for example. The price I’m going to pay will depend if there is other companies bidding for that keyword. The more companies are fighting for a keyword, the more I’m going to pay for a single click to my website. The price can vary from 0.01$ to 100$ and more. Not to bad for a click hey? You can imagine that for highly competitive keywords like finance and health it can cost quite a lot of money for a company to advertise with Google.

edit:wrong section?

Dracoplasm
Zakum

Re: How google makes money

Post by Dracoplasm » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:25 pm

Yep wrong section
Gilly move it to the chat section please
and btw thanks for sharing =D

Pepsi
Zombie Mushmom

Post by Pepsi » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:54 pm

This is actually a very good and helpful post for people that wonder how most people online get paid for there websites without selling a product

lolificated
Papulatus

Post by lolificated » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:49 pm

must be impossible for a google hater not to help google considering there are ads everywher...

Bashing
Zombie Mushmom

Post by Bashing » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:30 pm

i see strange(post too short)

Mechy
Zakum

Post by Mechy » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:25 am

Pepsi wrote:This is actually a very good and helpful post for people that wonder how most people online get paid for there websites without selling a product

yea tell that to gillian

lolificated
Papulatus

Post by lolificated » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:03 pm

Bashing wrote:i see strange(post too short)

why did u bump a 5 month old post.?