Resistance are Coming!

Talk about things directly to Maplestory such as training and jobs.
skygar9
Premium
Premium
Resistance are Coming!

Post by skygar9 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:11 pm

So theres battle mage and wild hunter these new jobs.
Actually a new race.
They're called resistance.
The black wings are planning to revive the black mage, but a group of people are deciding to rebel against them.

Anyhow,

Battle Mage

Battle mage is this overpowered mage that looks rather cool in my opinion.
Battle mage has some interesting skills though, as for you can look at the picture below for some examples of skills.
First picture, the Battle mage makes a dark cloud and lightning will strike your character turning you into a hurricane. Upon spinning, this hurts enemies if you touch them.
Second picture shows a Genesis type thing that bishops use, except for this is purple.
Third picture shows a sheild called 'Shelter'. I have no idea how this works, but it either protects you from magic attacks or monsters wont be able to get inside of it. I don't know how it works, but it looks neat.
Fourth picture shows the battle mage using a skill that looks like chains.
Fifth picture shows the battle mage shooting a long dark beam out of his staff.

Yeah, those are some skills. Cool, right?
As you can see, the second picture shows the battle mage doing 13000 damage. The videos I watched showed a level 134 battle mage doing 9000-15000 damage.

Battle mages are seemingly powerful at level 20, but I have no pictures for now.

Wild Hunter

Wild hunter is a crossbow user. It rides a jaguar. The 'OMGWTFHAX' thing about the Wild hunter is that,

They get rhe mount at first job.

I know.

1st job. They can also attack while on the mount.

I've only seen a level 29 with a jaguar, but I'm pretty sure you get the jaguar at level 10.

Bad quality, I know.

1st Picture shows a wild hunter using a skill like strafe. It shoots out 4 arrows.
2nd Picture shows explosions. The wild hunter used a skill that makes a circular machine appear, and the machine rotates shooting out arrows. When the arrows land, they explode.
The next picture is 2 pictures. They're both the same thing. It's a skill that litterally shoots out infinite arrows until your MP runs out. You can even walk while shooting. Too bad it does like 2000 damage.
4th picture shows a wild hunter on his jaguar.
5th picture shows wild hunter on his jaguar again, but the jaguar is sitting.
6th picture shows wild hunter attacking with a skill on his jaguar. Yes, you can attack while on a jaguar.
7th picture shows the jaguar again.
8th picture shows a level 29 on his jaguar. He's also using a skill like strafe. Shoots 4 arrows. Does very low damage though.
the 9th an final picture shows dismounting the jaguar. Your character hops off and your jaguar runs away.

Also, Wild Hunters can catch different colored mounts. (See edelstien monsters below to see the 6 colored mounts)
You do 5 damage at all times on this map because you don't want to kill the jaguar.

And there's called Mechanics. It's a pirate job that rides, well, a mech. or a gundam thing. It's a robot. It's a gunslinger pirate.

I can only provide so much information, because not much info is known yet. I'll keep checking southperry and spadow's blog for more updates.

Here's the mount. it is unknown if you get the mount at level 70, if its costly or free, a skill or whatever, but it looks pretty awesome.
I can only assume it can shoot missles and bullets. And it might even float/fly/jetpack or whatever.

Okay, so the job instructors. Yeah, the people who make you a resistance.
Here they are:
The man on your left is Henriette. He cleans streets and picks up trash.
The woman to your right is Belle. She is a police officer.

Huh? You probably didn't think they would be a street cleaner or police officer, but
they're boring. They're nothing compared to Checky.

Checky is EPIC.
Checky is the job instructor for Mechanics.
Observe:

Checky is a bear who hands out baloons to kids at the circus. (Top)

But secretly he is a Mechanic Instructor rebelling against the Black Mage (Bottom)

Yeah, that's pretty much it. I'll keep you updated as soon as possible.

Resistances are made in a town called Edelstien.
The image above shows the blimp to get to Edelstien.

Map of edelstien

Maple World

Edelstien monsters

The server screen showing resistance

Resistance class

Resistance sign at character selection

Victoria Island Becomes THIS:

Also, the HUD changed to look like this

Also, all pictures above are from SPADOW'S BLOG. I don't take credit for the pictures.

Slycer
Red ribbon pig

Re: Resistance are Coming!

Post by Slycer » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:37 pm

Do you know when/if this is coming out for GMS? I saw some videos of them on KMS and they look craaaazy. Hope it doesn't take forever for them to put it on GMS (F3)

skygar9
Premium
Premium

Post by skygar9 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:22 pm

Slycer wrote:Do you know when/if this is coming out for GMS? I saw some videos of them on KMS and they look craaaazy. Hope it doesn't take forever for them to put it on GMS (F3)

I'm very excited for it to come in GMS, but most likley there are rumors saying it will come out in December this year.
Nexon will do anything to get stuff in time for christmas.

Slycer
Red ribbon pig

Post by Slycer » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:24 pm

skygar9 wrote:
Slycer wrote:Do you know when/if this is coming out for GMS? I saw some videos of them on KMS and they look craaaazy. Hope it doesn't take forever for them to put it on GMS (F3)

I'm very excited for it to come in GMS, but most likley there are rumors saying it will come out in December this year.
Nexon will do anything to get stuff in time for christmas.

That's true. Nexon likes to play Santa and give maplers "presents" to look forward to on Christmas haha (skygar9-1) . I'm excited now lol. Hopefully it really does come out that soon.

skygar9
Premium
Premium

Post by skygar9 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:40 pm

Hm, resistance won't be out before too long.

JesterSmash
Snail

Post by JesterSmash » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:11 am

I'm really excited, but what happens to sleepywood? I don't see it on the 2nd map! (F4)

jaccaj
Jr.Balrog

Post by jaccaj » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:51 pm

i see it it just looks like 1 small tree

Ryandman
Slime

Post by Ryandman » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:34 pm

im so exited for resistance
mostly wild hunter because i like how the look even though they suck
and do you have proof of them maybe coming out in christmas (skygar9-3)

crutchfield
Papulatus

Post by crutchfield » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:46 pm

They're currently having an event to name the update that brings resistence into GMS so they should have it out soon hopefully

Ryandman
Slime

Post by Ryandman » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:31 am

ivendete wrote:yea i wonder what name it will be (F6)

What did you suggust
i have a topic on it (skygar9-1)

Maple34
Horny Mushroom

Post by Maple34 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:17 am

Wow, I'm gonna be a battle mage. I dont see why they would change vic island, though? And they moved the ships to sleepywood instead of ellinia! D: And it migt not be in gms for while, just saying, because they would probably make new maps and stuff, you know? it would be really dumb kinda to use old maps for a new island 'structure'. And it just seems like a big update anyway, as that dual blade and evan took months to come out. they were just like "Yay dual blade is almost here!" 4 months later "Almost there!" 2 months later "Yay! its (finally) out!!! Get all excited that you had to wait months, yay!" jeez. slow. no offense to nexon or anything, though, but like, seriously?! I can't wait, even though I quit. I might go back on, though, if they're all on at once. I don't wanna have to wait 3 months inbetween each one. Though i dont see why they wouldnt make it all come out at once, its like cygnus knights, it seems like one whole giant update, unlike the heroes, anyway, is there even a bowman/pirate hero coming out yet?

qweboost23
Zakum

Post by qweboost23 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:41 am

i think resistance is gonna come in like version 1.? i think, and im gonna be a wild hunter i luv archers (F2)

Mechy
Zakum

Post by Mechy » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:17 pm

qweboost23 wrote:i think resistance is gonna come in like version 1.? i think, and im gonna be a wild hunter i luv archers (F2)

of course you will be an archer tai im gonna mechanic cause i like robots

Ryandman
Slime

Post by Ryandman » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:49 pm

qweboost23 wrote:i think resistance is gonna come in like version 1.? i think, and im gonna be a wild hunter i luv archers (F2)

Hey i wana be archer
BTW where which world you make him maybe we could meet up lol (F6)

Duality
Papulatus

Post by Duality » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:48 pm

MECHS LOOK EPIC, ima coome back to maple for this patch

Ryandman
Slime

Post by Ryandman » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:20 pm

There coming today (MS3) (MS4) (gatorade-3)

dfuzz1987
Zakum

Post by dfuzz1987 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:26 pm

The mechanic is a rip off of engineer from latale but its still cool
i dont really like the battle mage ITS A MAGE!!

GLacko
Zombie Mushmom

Post by GLacko » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:33 am

I hate resistance and big bang, they destroyed the game with no 4 or 8x exp. It was fun to have a challenge. now ive permanently quit when big bang came out. it killed my maple career. Resistance ruined CPQ when it came out, i lvled once a week cos theres resistance chars in almost every map. Im sick of this.

Mechy
Zakum

Post by Mechy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:52 am

GLacko wrote:I hate resistance and big bang, they destroyed the game with no 4 or 8x exp. It was fun to have a challenge. now ive permanently quit when big bang came out. it killed my maple career. Resistance ruined CPQ when it came out, i lvled once a week cos theres resistance chars in almost every map. Im sick of this.

can i have your acc pl0x