Final Story Help...?

Talk about fan made games that you have to download in order to play.
Condatis
Red snail
Final Story Help...?

Post by Condatis » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:47 am

I didn't know what section this is supposed to go under so I put it here...
I downloaded Final Story, and I opened it, and it goes through the intro and stuff.
When it gets to the spot where it says "New Game" and "Load Game" I try to enter the game, but after I select a save slot it just sends me back to the intro.
Help?

freaker
Red snail

Re: Final Story Help...?

Post by freaker » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:02 pm

did you extract the finalstory??
http://finalstory.activoforo.com/forum.htm for helps

Maple34
Horny Mushroom

Post by Maple34 » Wed May 19, 2010 1:47 am

I can give you a thorough step-by-step walkthrough to downloading it so that you don't do anything wrong...
1. Go to the Downloads section, and click Final Story...
2. There's a description of the game then an ad. Below the ad, there is a link to download Final Story...
3. Click the link and it'll bring you to a MediaFire download page. Wait a couple seconds then the link to REALLY downloading it comes up... (It is a RAR file so you need to unpack the 'parts'. Things in RAR files are compressed.)
4.It'll say the file type ad a couple sentences or whatever. Click 'Save'. It should start downloading... (If it does not do that (I can't remember exactly), it should say '...Windows needs to know what you want to open it with...')
5. I couldn't really figure it out from there, but then my dad did. Go online and look up WinRAR Archiver...
6. Download WinRAR. It'll ask you what types of files you want it to unpack. It doesn't really matter which ones, you only need to unpack this file (RAR)...
7. Unpack it. ( I can't remember all the things you need to do on this part.)...
8. When you're done unpacking, download Final Story again...
9. When the (Step 4 in parentheses) comes up, click browse and go to WinRAR...
10. It should save there...(I think it would be downloaded onto your computer now.)
11.There was a shortcut to WinRAR on the computer the time I tried it, but don't click that when you want to play Final Story, that won't work...
12. To play Final Story, go to the start menu and click Documents...
13. Click Downloads...
14. Click Final Story 0.38...
15. Then I think it says 'Game.exe'. Click that and it'll start loading a ton of stuff. This only takes about minute...
16. The game should pop up in a small window now. Have fun!
!!!READ!!!
When I did this and started playing the game, I played, then saved. Next time I got on, the save file wasn't there. Next time I saved twice. The same happened. NEXT time, I saved in all 4 slots. The same happened. I might have done something wrong or maybe the game is just messed up. If this is happening to you, check the topic I made 'Final Story trouble saving'.
(gatorade-3)

Sushie127
Snail

Post by Sushie127 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:20 pm

The Same Things Keeps Happening to me Too, I downloaded Final Story and extracted it to my Desktop and i clicked the folder and clicked game and i chose New Game and when i choose one of the files it just sends me back to the Intro (F7)