I/L Guide (Not mine but i have full permission to use it)

Guides that can help you with your Magician
Duality
Papulatus
I/L Guide (Not mine but i have full permission to use it)

Post by Duality » Tue May 19, 2009 12:08 am

I DO NOT OWN THIS , Gillian,or anyone else(mods), if you want to make any changes you can

Sparkle For Shroomsly
Bam. With the first cast, blizzard showers on the monsters. A skele is left soon to be totaled with a quick shock of chain lightning. Repeat. With pure elegance the I/L Arch Mage grinds showing off his flashy skills. One by one the attacks resemble mighty speed. Not the feel of power but the feel of accomplishment. The glowing timeless staff waving around, the technique is what we make of an Ice Lightning Magician. A staff is at times similar to a sword. Not a weapon but an extension and to master the skills one must learn.

The art of Magic is not a gift but a talent

Intro

Well I've been seeing a lot of thread about needing places to train so I've decided to make a guide to help us all .

Table of Contents

Making your Magician
Dice Roll
Adding Ability Points
1st Job
Magician Pros and Cons
Becoming a Magician
1st Job Skills
1st Job Skill Paths
1st Job Training
1st Job PQs
2nd Job
I/L Wizard Pros and Cons
Becoming an I/L Wizard
2nd Job Skills
2nd Job Skill Paths
2nd Job Training
2nd Job PQs
3rd Job
I/L Mage Pros and Cons
3rd Job Skills
3rd Job Skill Paths
3rd Job Training
3rd Job PQs
4th Job
I/L Arch Mage Pros and Cons
4th Job Skills
4th Job Skill Path
4th Job Training
Other Crap
FAQ
Credits

Dice Roll

You want to get 4/str 4/dex and whatever you can get on luk and int. Try to get higher int.

Adding Ability Points

Your luk should always be 3 above your level. The rest of the points go into int. DO NOT PUT ANY POINTS INTO STR OR DEX! Some people choose to cap luk at a certain level but that is entirely up to you.

Magician Pros and Cons

Pros
• Lots of nice training spots
• Highest damage for 1st job
• Lots of MP
• Fast to level

Cons
• Need MP pots which is hard if you’re unfunded
• Before you max magic guard you’ll die pretty easily

Becoming a Magician

Becoming a magician is simple. First, talk to Olaf in Lith Harbor. Answer his questions and then choose the path of a magician. Olaf will notify Grendel the Really Old that you will be coming. Then you take the taxi to Ellina (100 mesos), go to the highest building, and talk to Grendel the Really Old. Congratz, you are now a Magician.

1st Job Skills

Improving MP Recovery- Recovering even more MP every 10 sec. The higher the level of the character and the skill level, the more recovery it enables the character to have. Passive. Mastery Level: 16.

Improving Max MP Increase- This skill boosts up the amount of increase on Max MP after each Level UP, or AP used on Max MP. Passive. Mastery Level: 10. Prerequisite: Level 5 MP Recovery

Magic Guard- Temporarily replaces damage with MP instead of HP. If MP reaches 0, the HP takes a full hit. Supportive. Mastery Level: 20.

Magic Armor- Temporarily boosts the weapon defense by blowing magic into the armor. Supportive. Mastery Level: 20. Prerequisite: Level 3 Magic Guard.

Energy Bolt- Use MP to attack one enemy. Active. Mastery Level: 20.

Magic Claw- Use MP to attack an enemy twice. Active. Mastery Level: 20. Prerequisite: Level 1 Energy Bolt.

1st Job Skill Paths

Meso Build: This build is for new players
Level 8: 1 to Energy Bolt
Level 9: 3 to Improving MP Recovery
Level 10: 2 to Improving MP Recovery, 1 to Improving Max MP Increase
Levels 11-13: 3 to Improving Max MP Increase per level
Levels 14-16: 3 to Improving MP Recovery per level
Level 17: 2 Improving MP Recovery, 1 Magic Claw
Levels 18-23: 3 Magic Claw per level
Level 24: 1 Magic Claw, 2 Magic Guard
Levels 25-30: 3 Magic Guard per level

Power Build: This build will level you faster but spend A LOT more money.
Level 8: 1 Energy Bolt
Level 9: 3 Improving MP Recovery
Level 10: 2 Improving MP Recovery, 1 Improving Max MP Increase
Levels 11-13: 3 Improving Max MP Increase per level
Levels 14-19: 3 Magic Claw per level
Level 20: 2 Magic Claw, 1 Improving MP Recovery
Levels 21-23: 3 Improving MP Recovery per level
Level 24: 1 Improving MP Recovery, 2 Magic Guard
Levels 25-30: 3 Magic Guard

MP Build: This build gives you the most mp a mage can ever get but it’ll be harder to level.
Level 8: 1 Improving MP Recovery
Level 10: 1 Improving MP Recovery, 2 Improving Max MP Increase
Levels 11 and 12: 3 Improving Max MP Increase per level
Level 13: 2 Improving Max MP Increase, 1 Energy Bolt
Levels 14-16: 3 Improving MP Recovery per level

In the end, all of them should look like this:
1 Energy Bolt
16 Improving MP Recovery (maxed)
10 Improving Max MP Increase (maxed)
20 Magic Claw (maxed)
20 Magic Guard (maxed)

1st Job Training

8-12 Snails and mushrooms
Not a challenge but good enough xp to get you through. If you have trouble with these levels I will laugh.

13-17 Slimes
Slime Tree
Slime Tree in Ellina. The slimes are everywhere so you should get by pretty easily.
• Exp: 10/10
• Money: 9/10
• Crowds: Moderate

16-22 Ribbon Pigs, Pigs
Pig Beach
The pigs are nice xp and you can easily woosh past these levels. They have decent drops and you can sell those pig heads you get too.
• Exp: 9/10
• Money: 10/10
• Crowds: High

18-25 White Rabbit, Dark Rabbit
Tent of Entertainers
Great xp. This is a newer spot in ariant. It’s favored a lot by people in these levels and they should be good.

23-30 Horned Mushroom, Zomby Mushroom
Ant Tunnel
Really sweet exp. Try to get in a party and share the exp. Otherwise, you can just solo. This is one of the best places to train so I really recommend it.

23-26 Horned Mushroom
Horned Mushroom Tree
Basically looks like slime tree. If the zombie mushrooms are a waste of killing time, this is always another option.
• Exp: 8/10
• Money: 8/10
• Crowds: Low

24-30 Wild Boar, Dark Axe Stump
Land of the Wild Boar
This place is good. It can get pretty populated but it does have pretty sweet drops. If you're here during maple anniversary, then you're in for a ride!
• Money: 8.5/10, During Anniversary: 100000000/10

24-30 Octopus, Blue mushroom
Caution Falling Down
Located at the top of kerning construction site. Easy kills on octopuses and they are everywhere! This place can also get pretty crowded. Also, I recommend that you stand on those yellow construction marks and snipe of with magic claw so you don't get damaged.

1st Job PQs

11+ HPQ
This pq is actually really nice exp. Also, you can get some nice equips and good exp in the bonus round. Just listen to you're party and you'll be fine.
• Entrance Difficulty: 9/10
• Money: 0/10 unless bonus stage is done

21-30 KPQ
A quick pq. It's amazing if you know how to do it right. BUT LEARN IT RIGHT BECAUSE IF YOU MESS UP YOU WILL NEVER BE WANTED AGAIN!
• Entrance Difficulty: 8/10
• Money: 7/10

21-30 ACPQ
A 10 minute pq that resembles pokemon (lol >_< ). You damage the monsters and then you Catch Em All. It may be kinda long but its great xp and on top of that, you can get a chair reward after 200 pqs which is worth about 10-20m.
• Entrance: 0/10

I/L Wizard Pros and Cons

Pros
• Has a freeze skill
• Has a mob skill
• Easy training in earlier levels
• Wanted in Cpq
• Equips don’t cost as much as some other jobs (sins *cough cough*)
• If you add up the damage of lightning it’ll be like 5k

Cons
• A lot of places are MEGA pot burners
• Need A LOT of money for pots
• Better training places get crowded (STDs, Voodoos/Hoodoos)
• Training gets annoying in 60+
• Not necessarily needed in any other pq besides Cpq

Becoming an I/L Wizard

After a bit of training and pqing you are ready to become an I/L Wizard. Go back to Grendel the Really Old and he’ll give you a task. Go to the 2nd Job Instructor and bring back a recommendation letter so he knows you are ready to job advance. You can find the Instructor in the map that has 3 long trees going vertically up (sorry forgot map name). Make your way up and talk to the Instructor. He will send you to a map and you have to fight curse eyes and collect 30 marbles. Once you collect the marbles, he’ll give you the recommendation letter. Head back to Grendel the Really Old and give him the letter. Congratz, you are now an I/L Wizard.

2nd Job Skills

MP Eater- Absorbs a percentage of an enemy's MP. However, if the enemy runs out of MP, this skill does nothing. Passive. Mastery Level: 20.

Meditation- Raises the party's Magic Attack for a period of time. Supportive. Mastery Level: 20. Prerequisite: Level 3 MP Eater.

Teleport- Instantly moves the character a distance in a certain direction. Supportive. Mastery Level: 20.

Slow- Slows down the monsters around you for a period of time. Can slow up to 6 monsters at a time. Supportive. Mastery Level: 20. Prerequisite: Level 5 Teleport.

Cold Beam- Attacks with a block of ice that will freeze any freezable monsters. Active. Mastery Level: 30.

Thunderbolt- Uses electricity to hit up to 6 monsters at the same time. Active. Mastery Level: 30.

2nd Job Skill Paths

Pure Ice: This build maxes ice first. Then lightning later. This build is better for training but you will rarely be able to mob.
Level 30: 1 Teleport
Levels 31-40: 3 Cold Beam
Level 41: 3 MP Eater
Levels 42-47: 3 Meditate
Level 43: 2 Meditate, 1 Thunderbolt
Levels 49-57: 3 Thunderbolt
Level 58: 2 Thunderbolt, 1 Teleport
Levels 59-64: 3 Teleport
Levels 65-69 3 MP Eater or 3 Slow
Level 70: 2 MP Eater, 1 Slow or 3 Slow

Pure Lightning: This build maxes lightning first and cold beam a bit later. It is beneficial for CPQ, however, you will have to use magic claw instead of cold beam.
Levels 31-40: 3 Thunderbolt
Level 48: 2 Meditate, 1 Cold Beam
Levels 49-57: 3 Cold Beam
Level 58: 2 Cold Beam, 1 Teleport
Levels 65-69: 3 MP Eater or 3 Slow

Ice/Lightning: This build maxes ice first, then lightning straight after. It’s the most common build and mostly used before CPQ. In my opinion, it’s one of the easier builds
Levels 41-50: 3 Thunderbolt
Level 51: 3 MP Eater
Levels 52-57: 3 Meditate
Level 58: 2 Meditate, 1 Teleport

Lightning/Ice: This build maxes lightning, then ice straight after. Another good path for CPQ, however, you won’t have your first party skill, medi.
Levels 41-50: 3 Cold Beam
Levels 65-69: 3 MP Eater OR 3 Slow
Level 70: 2 MP Eater, 1 Slow OR 3 Slow

2nd Job Training

30-35 Teddies
Terrace Hall
At terrace hall they are pretty much everywhere. Don't use your new skills unless you have to because they won't do you too much good. Just use straight out magic claw. You can freeze, then use magic claw or your can mob and use magic claw.

30-35 Jack-in-the-box Credit Thirdout and Thiefzer0
Haunted House
Pretty easy and good xp. A straight map and it’s the same idea as voodoos/hoodoos and nightmares.

30-40 Crows
Crow Forest
Basically stand and zap away with lightning. Quick and easy kills and if you¡¦re an ice first, you can still do it(you just won’t get xp as quick)
• Money: 7.5/10

35-40 Fire Boars
Burning Land
Now your skills come into use. Ice will do perfectly in Burnt Land. Lightning MAY work here too. Just fight your way through this part.

40-47 Kitties
Garden of Red/Yellow
You should be fighting at kitties at this point. If you are ice, fight at cellions or lioners. If you are light, fight at cellions or grupins.

40-50 Sakuras
Amoria (map to the right)
An alternative for kitties. Same thing and same exp but this place is more crowded. If you're not funded I recommend here because of the 350-400 mesos per kill.
• Crowds: Very High

40-50 Retz
Helios Tower
This is a really good place to train. Just spam your lightning on one screw. If you're an ice build you may have a tougher time here.

40-52 Lorangs
Lorang Lorang Lorang
Weak to lightning but a pot burner. Still pretty good xp in the lower levels. This place can start getting boring though.

47-67 Trucks
Singapore (Map unidentified )
Nice quick map. You basically keep switching between the trucks and keep zappin them up. It will pot burn but it’s very quick xp.

48-55 Extra D Credit Can0fSoup
Parking Lot
Nice training here and in these levels you can get .05% per kill. That is incredibly awesome xp but just watch that you have magic guard on.

50-55 Chronos/Platoons
Ludi Clock Tower
Now you can go to chronos if you like. Grinding will become slower here but there is many other alternatives.

50-60 Nightmare Horse
Haunted House (Room near voodoos/hoodoos)
Well this is one of the best places to train I have ever seen. It is in the Haunted House and it spawns in 3s. VERY similar to hoodoos/voodoos. In the lower levels you should be able to get at least 20~30% an hour. Also, put in one point in MP Eater before you come here. Then you won’t have to use MP pots since every time you use MP eater you regain tons of MP. Definitely recommended.

50-65 Cellion/Lioners
Garden of Red/Yellow 2
The bigger version of kitties. Now I recommend you use ice and mob them with lightning. Now that both ice and lightning can be maxed, I suggest you go to cellions because they aren’t too good against both. Lioners have better drops.
• Exp: 8.5/10
• Money: 8.5/10

55-62 Red Slimes
Secret Spa
Great training and everything is weak to ice. Just watch other for the poison geysers. They get pretty annoying.

55-65 Wraiths
Kerning Subway
Just basic training. Xp is really good in lower levels but again, it may get slow. You can just teleport and zap them up everywhere. Also, there is a pretty nice chance of a red whip which can sell good on MTS.

55-65 Paper Lantern
Night At the Forest
Awesome training. Just mob em all up and you can use ice. Both lightning and ice do very good in this map.

55-70 Red Drakes
Burning Land 2
Well this used to be the main I/L spot. Now it really isn’t as a result of new spots. Not generally recommended.
• Exp: 7.5/10

55-75 Pac Pinkies
Ghost Ship 1
The ghost ship has really become a hard hitter for the I/Ls as well as the clerics. In the lower levels of training here it will be a mega pot burner. As you progress it’ll get better and better.

60-85 Slimys
Ghost Ship 2
This is great training. Just teleing around the map and zapping everything and you don’t have to think twice. The spawn here is so fast that you only have to worry about MP pots. Your money will slowly decrease but only by 1k a repot if you loot. The good drops will help you back up. It a WIN.

60-77 Jr. Selkies, Slimys
Mysterious Path 3
Now this is what I call heaven. The spawn is fast and the monsters come in big mobs. The 3 platforms should be easy for you to take. Also, you’ll be getting 2-3 equips an hour and perhaps steelys.
• Crowds: Extremely High

60-70 Water Goblins
Vanished Village
Fast little goblins in Zipangu. This is one of the fastest training places for an I/L in these levels, however, it’s by far the biggest pot burner in I/L training. Monsters spawn extremely fast and it’s easy to thunderbolt them but they are constantly hitting 200-300 damage. Keep a finger on the MP button at all times!
• Money: 3/10 (Good drops but u’ll be losin a lot of money for pots)

60-75 Coolie Zombies
Map before Dead Mine
Really good training but it may be hard to get here without a dead mine scroll. Partying with a priest or cleric can really help the effort pay off. Now since Nexon lowered the spawn rate, it’s not always worth the effort.
• Exp: 7.5/10 (since reduced spawn)
• Crowds: Low to moderate

60-75 STDs (Straw Target Dummies)
Practice Field
You’ll really get accustomed to this place. A straight map where you can mob up all the STDs. Great xp but a pot burner in the earlier levels. Once you hit about 68, it might become a pot saver. You can train here a little earlier or later but I don’t recommend it.

64-75 Hoodoos/Voodoos
Haunted House Vanity Room
In the Haunted House these give great xp. Only problem is that they’re very highly populated. With or without 2x, it’s still a great place to train. Just watch out for ksers. Also, all you have to do is stand in the middle of the room and mob them up. Not too hard.
• Crowds: Extreme to the Extremest High

65-75 Gryphons
Mountain Cliffs
These monsters fly everywhere but they are easily mobable and they give awesome xp. Just watch out because you might fall into a danger zone and get teled all the way to another map. These pot burn.

65-75 Mix Golems
Forest of Golems
The spawn in FoG is extremely thick and it is a populated area but don’t be fooled. You can do really well here because you can freeze up these massive things .

2nd Job PQs

35-50 LPQ
You can party here but now no one is here. It can be hard to find a party and people in this PQ may be really big jerks(not to offend anyone)
• Entrance Difficulty: 2/10

35-50 CPQ
Now this is a PQ worth doing. Incredible xp and you can trade your points for a spiegleman necklace which can be sold for a ton.
• Entrance Difficulty: 5/10

51-70 OPQ
Not too good anymore since glitch pq is patched. Even if it is unpatched I do not recommend it because it is bannable (it also doesn’t provide mesos). Orbis Rush pq is another option but once again, it’s not too good.
• Entrance Difficulty: 0/10

51-70 LMPQ
Probably the best PQ in the entire ms. You get about 10k xp each round and rounds are done in 1-2 minutes. This can be godly as long as you have a good leader. If you are a lead (like me) then you should be even better off. The rewards (like pots) can be NPC¡¦d and sold for easy money.

55-100 PPQ
A pirate PQ. Most people think that pirate pq stinks. But if you add up the exp its really good! You’ll be even with money because the drops from lord pirate NPC for fairly high. At level 55 you should get about 5% per pq. If you can do 4 in an hour that’s a good 20% an hour. When lmpq starts getting bad, this is a good option
• Money: 0/10

I/L Mage Pros and Cons

Pros
• Has seal to seal magic attacks
• Has a freeze MOB attack
• Has composition which is useful in many places
• Good training spots in Leafre

Cons
• Most training spots are pot burners
• Hell levels from 70-75
• A lot of arguments on whether or not to put points on thunder spear
• Thunder spear not needed a lot

3rd Job Skills

Element Amplification- Use more MP, but increase Magic Attack. Supportive. Mastery Level: 30.

Seal- Seals up the enemies around you for a certain amount of time. Once sealed up, the monsters can't use attacking skills, but the skill does not work on boss monsters. Active. Mastery Level: 20. Prerequisite: Level 3 Element Amplification.

Magic Booster- Uses up a significant amount of HP and MP to increase the attacking speed for spells. Supportive. Mastery Level: 20. Prerequisite: Level 3 Element Amplification

Partial Resistance- You get additional resistance from Ice & Lightning. Passive. Mastery Level: 20.

Ice Strike- Fires ice blocks at multiple enemies. If struck, all monsters other than ice-based ones will freeze. Cannot attack more than 6 at once. Active. Mastery Level: 30.

Thunder Spear- Gathers up the power of lightening and turns it into a spear, attacking a single enemy. Monsters will be damaged with a lightening-based attack. Active. Mastery Level: 30.

Magic Composition- Uses ice & lightening-based spell on a single enemy. Applies massive damage to monsters that are weak against ice or lightening, and the enemy will be frozen for a certain time. Active. Mastery Level: 30.

3rd Job Skill Paths

Slow Skill Path
Level 70: +1 Ice Strike
Levels 71-79: +3 Ice Strike
Level 80: +3 Amplification
Levels 81-83: +3 Booster
Level 84: +2 Booster, 1 seal
Level 85: +2 Ice strike, +1 Amplification
Levels 86-93: +3 Amplification
Level 94: +2 Amplification, +1 Composition
Levels 95-103: +3 Composition
Level 104: +2 Composition, +1 Partial Resistance
Levels 105-110: +3 Slow
Level 111: +1 Slow, +2 Seal
Levels 112-116: +3 Seal
Level 117: +2 Seal, +1 Booster
Levels 118-119: +3 Booster
Level 120 +2 Booster, +1 Thunder Spear

Thunder Spear Skill Path
Level 85: +2 Ice Strike, +1 Amplification
Level 94: +2 Amplification, +1 Comp
Level 104: +2 Composition, +1 Thunder Spear
Levels 105-113: +3 Thunder Spear
Level 114: +2 Thunder Spear, +1 Seal
Levels 115-119: +3 Seal
Level 120: +1 Seal, +1 Partial Resistance

There is A LOT of controversy on which skill path to choose. I’m choosing the Thunder Spear Skill Path because it won’t be a while until I get to 4th job. Chain Lightning is said to replace Thunder Spear.

3rd Job Training

70-85 Birks
The Crossroad
Well these are the hell levels and there is a lot of controversy of where to train. During these levels you can train anywhere above in the 2nd job spots or you can train at this new place, Birks. They are weak to ice and give a lot of good xp. Just watch out for Dual Birks who aren’t weak to ice.

75-80 Mr. Anchor
Ghost Ship 7
The exp rate is about the same as voodoos/hoodoos which you might not like, HOWEVER, the spawn is faster. Also, more of them spawn at once and you can hit both platforms with ice strike. You should be able to 5-6 hit them and that makes training there extremely fast.

75-85 Kru/Captain
Red Nose Pirate Den
This is a pretty nice place to train. There are also a few good sniping spots so you can just stand there and spam ice strike. Try to use ice strike instead of thunder because if you don’t freeze them, they can do good damage.

75-90 Death Teddies
Forgotten Path of Time
We are finally here. The death teddies! These monsters have very good hits doing more than 1k damage. The good thing is that they give about 1.3k xp per kill. You should use better potions here. Depending on your style, it may not be efficient until level 78ish.

75-90 Lucidas
Stairway to the Sky, Hall of Mushroom
Good place to train and good spawn of lucidas. They are everywhere so make good use of ice strike. There is some controversy about training here so make sure you get your facts straight.

75-90 Wolf Spiders
Wolf Spider Cavern
These tough monsters are everywhere but they have amazing drops and xp. They hit high but you should be able to use ice strike. Just watch out and you’ll be fine. Depending on your style, it may not be efficient til 78ish.

78-100 Red Kentaurus
Area of the Red Kentaurus
These kents are all weak to ice but there are no sniping spots. They give proficient xp but they can all attack you at once. Be careful while you train here because when they all gang up on you, you probably will die. There are also mole holes that can stun you for 3 seconds.

80-90 Firebrands
Forgotten Path
These monsters are pretty nice. They’re the only ones worth visiting in CwK. They have 2 forms, however, the xp to hp ratio is good. IT may take some time to get used to training here.
• Money: 10/10 (You can get the badges and turn them in for a gawdly exchange quest)

80+ Blood Hafs
Sky Nest
Basically just ice striking. The xp is not as good as your used to but the health isn’t either. For some people this place is good while for others, not so much.

83-92 Bains
WanWan Spa of Hell Credit lukas23
These big bull dogs are pretty nice. They give pretty good xp and they are weak to ice. This place will get boring though after a couple hours of grinding.

85+ Squids/Lethal Squids
Dangerous Sea Gorge
These squids are supposed to be ice striked. Having thunder spear won’t make the effort any easier. This place gives really good xp and you can share it all with a squid party.

85+ Goby, Skeleton Fish
Deep Sea Gorge
Well these fast fish are great xp. They come in little goby houses that explode with a trillion of them. Just ice strike them all to death. Seal will help here once you get it.
• Exp: 9.5/10

90+ Vikings/Gigantic Vikings
Warped Path of Time
Most guides say to train here at level 85 but I don’t recommend it because you will have a tough time. There are SOME viking parties so make good use of them.

90+ Red Wyverns
Red Wyverns Nest
All weak to ice.Can’t say too much more

102+ Himes
Encounter With Buddha
For all people who don’t know, this is dreamy ghosts. A lot of pros train here and it is basically a straight map. You can mob and freeze them. WATCH OUT FOR BLACK CROW. THERE IS NO CHANCE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO KILL HIM!

102+ Jr. Newties
Destroyed Dragon Nest
It’s good to party here. This place will help you train when you hit 4th job as well.

3rd Job PQs

55-100 PPQ
Not recommended unless you have to do the quests. It’s only good for level 70. That’s it.

Pros
• Have good combo attacks with Ice Demon and Chain Lightning
• Can easily kill elementally based monsters
• Has a helpful summon
• The goal of an I/L
• Extremely fun to play
• Has Blizzard, one of the most helpful skills in MS

Cons
• The quickest way to leveling up is spamming blizzard (over 2k MP a cast)
• Need to be able to spend at least 15m on pots
• One of the weakest 4th job classes
• Training gets extremely slow (not only for I/Ls)
• Pretty much the same training spots the whole time.

4th Job Skills

Maple Warrior- Increase all players' stats within a party by certain percentage. Supportive. Mastery Level: 20.

Big Bang- Gathers up numerous particles around the area as energy sources for a short period of time, culminating with a final powerful explosion. Active. Mastery Level: 30.

Mana Reflection- By drawing an incredible inner strength, enables one to reverse the flow of Mana back to the monster, returning the damage received from the monster. The returned damage cannot exceed 20% of maxHP of the monster. Active. Mastery Level: 30.

Ice Demon- Provides consistent damage to a monster using ice pieces from Ice Demon. Monsters stricken by Ice Demon become vulnerable to fire-based attacks. Active. Mastery Level: 30.

Infinity- Enables one to draw magic powers from sources around the area and use it for a time being in place of one's own MP. Time required between skills: 10 minutes. Active. Mastery Level: 30.

Ifrit- Temporarily summons Ifrit, who is fire-based. Attacks up to 3 monsters. Active. Mastery Level: 30. Prerequisite: Level 5 Ice Demon.

Chain Lightning- Attacks a single monster using a high-voltage lightning attack. If struck, monsters around the affected monster will receive damage as well. Active. Mastery Level: 30.

Blizzard- Summons spears of ice from the sky, showering up to 15 monsters at one time with a nasty blizzard. Incurs tremendous ice-based damages to the attacked. Active. Mastery Level: 30.

Awakening- Enables one to escape from abnormal conditions. The higher the skill level, the more variety of abnormal conditions one can escape from. Time required between skills: 10 Minutes. Supportive. Mastery Level: 1.

4th Job Skill Path

Blizzard First: This is the quickest way to train. It will require WELL funding. You will not make a profit with this.
Level 120: 1 Blizzard, 2 Maple Warrior
Levels 121-126: 3 Maple Warrior
Levels 127-135: 3 Blizzard
Level 136: 2 Blizzard, 1 Chain Lightning
Levels 137-145: 3 Chain Lightning
Level 146: 2 Chain Lightning, 1 Ice Demon
Basically after this, it’s you improvising. Ice Demon next is not a must but it depends on what you prefer. Also, skill points for the levels after this depend on your funding as well as your time.

Chain Lightning First: Leaves you with one blizzard to train but chain lightning to max first which is more affordable.
Level 120: 1 Blizzard, 1 Chain Lightning, 1 Maple Warrior
Level 127: 1 Maple Warrior, 2 Chain Lightning
Levels 128-136: 3 Chain Lightning
Levels 137-146: 3 Blizzard
Once again, after these levels you can choose between Ice Demon or Ifrit.

Note: You do not have to follow these exact builds. The prices for skillbooks are way too high especially the blizzard skill books which merchant for A LOT!

4th Job Training

You have some of the same options as late 3rd job. There’s skeles, jr newties, wyverns, red kents, and blood hafs. The difference is that you have blizzard .

FAQ

Q: Should I max Thunder Spear, Slow, or Partial Resistance?

A: Well Partial Resistance isn’t worth maxing. The first point already gives you about 40% resistance. Between Thunder Spear and slow, that’s your choice. Slow is helpful with fast monsters and papulatus. Thunder Spear is said to be replaced by Chain Lightning. However, I’m maxing Thunder Spear because I don’t see me getting close to 4th job anytime close. This is based on your opinion.

Q: Do zombies provide sufficient training?

A: Well they used to but now they don’t. Ever since their spawn got reduced, it isn’t worthwhile to go there unless you’re partying with someone.

Q: I messed up my SP, what should I do?

A: Well you can get SP resets, become a different type of mage, or you can restart. I messed up my SP because I had some 14 points on Energy Bolt and less on Magic Guard. A couple of bucks fixed that up .

Q: What is better in the long run, an I/L or a F/P?

A: Well this is another topic with lots of controversy. In 1st job they are the same (no duh). In 2nd job, I/Ls have the slighter advantage. In 3rd job, I/Ls start out better but then F/P overrun them. In 4th job they are about equal again. Well if you add it up you should get the answer. It’s based on your judgement.

Q: What do you recommend I do to get passed the Hell Levels?

A: Well in most worlds Voodoos/Hoodoos become over-populated. I recommend you train at Birks and then gradually switch to Wolf Spiders. You may have a tough time but you can fight your way through. Now we have ghost ship so that may give you the upper hand.

Q: I’m an I/L and I sell leech. Has it been confirmed whether it’s bannable or not?

A: Leech isn’t bannable. In the ToS, Nexon says that powerleveling is bannable. Powerleveling is when you pay someone real money to train you.

Q: Overall, are I/Ls a money class?

A: Sadly, we are not. You should be able to stock up on money through levels 35-45ish when you train at sakuras and from 51-70 when you can lmpq. After level 70, almost every good training spot is a pot burner. Once you get to 12x, it’s mostly spamming blizzard on a snipe spot, which will decrease your money by a lot.

Q: Is PPQ good?

A: Yes it is! Most people just ignore it because they think its bad, however, it gives a little more %/hr than lmpq at certain levels. Your money will be about even, but PPQ is a more fun variation. I PPQed half of level 68 and all of level 69.

If you have any questions about I/Ls PM me. I’ll answer it in the FAQs.

Credits

• Compymasax for inspiration
• Draken for a bit of inspiration but most of all cooperation
• Wordk41 for be guide buddies
• Smartguy11 for letting me use his idea of money, crowds, and exp
• Justinkim923 and Bandito923 for supporting me
• My buddy list
• Anyone who has helped me
• Kazoothebat for numerous reasons
• LaIotun for doing alll the ToC for me

~Arjace~
This guide belongs to me and me only. If you want to post it on another site please ask for permission. No plagiarizing!
~AntiNexon~ I have full permission to us this guide, all names are from basilmarket.com. Thank you bai(if u wanna use it ask me)

zotoXOXO
Mushroom

Re: I/L Guide (Not mine but i have full permission to use it)

Post by zotoXOXO » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:50 am

Good Guide .. xDD ~

Duality
Papulatus

Post by Duality » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:18 am

Thank you sir, i also have a beginner guide XD

ultranoob45
Pig

Post by ultranoob45 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:23 pm

nice guide. like it. (cool)

bboyz4
Horned Tail

Post by bboyz4 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:47 pm

HOLY EEF WORD THAT IS FRIGGEN LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mochimonsta
Mushroom

Post by mochimonsta » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:48 am

Its a good guide thanks and wheres gillian? he needs to read this

T3rrorblade
Mushroom

Post by T3rrorblade » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:19 pm

great guide keep it up

Animedude
Horny Mushroom

Post by Animedude » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:09 pm

AntiNexon wrote:I DO NOT OWN THIS , Gillian,or anyone else(mods), if you want to make any changes you can

Sparkle For Shroomsly
Bam. With the first cast, blizzard showers on the monsters. A skele is left soon to be totaled with a quick shock of chain lightning. Repeat. With pure elegance the I/L Arch Mage grinds showing off his flashy skills. One by one the attacks resemble mighty speed. Not the feel of power but the feel of accomplishment. The glowing timeless staff waving around, the technique is what we make of an Ice Lightning Magician. A staff is at times similar to a sword. Not a weapon but an extension and to master the skills one must learn.

Intro

Well I've been seeing a lot of thread about needing places to train so I've decided to make a guide to help us all .

Table of Contents

Making your Magician
Dice Roll
Adding Ability Points
1st Job
Magician Pros and Cons
Becoming a Magician
1st Job Skills
1st Job Skill Paths
1st Job Training
1st Job PQs
2nd Job
I/L Wizard Pros and Cons
Becoming an I/L Wizard
2nd Job Skills
2nd Job Skill Paths
2nd Job Training
2nd Job PQs
3rd Job
I/L Mage Pros and Cons
3rd Job Skills
3rd Job Skill Paths
3rd Job Training
3rd Job PQs
4th Job
4th Job Skills
4th Job Skill Path
4th Job Training
Other Crap
FAQ
Credits

Dice Roll

You want to get 4/str 4/dex and whatever you can get on luk and int. Try to get higher int.

Adding Ability Points

Your luk should always be 3 above your level. The rest of the points go into int. DO NOT PUT ANY POINTS INTO STR OR DEX! Some people choose to cap luk at a certain level but that is entirely up to you.

Magician Pros and Cons

Pros
• Lots of MP
• Fast to level

Cons

Becoming a Magician

Becoming a magician is simple. First, talk to Olaf in Lith Harbor. Answer his questions and then choose the path of a magician. Olaf will notify Grendel the Really Old that you will be coming. Then you take the taxi to Ellina (100 mesos), go to the highest building, and talk to Grendel the Really Old. Congratz, you are now a Magician.

1st Job Skills

Improving MP Recovery- Recovering even more MP every 10 sec. The higher the level of the character and the skill level, the more recovery it enables the character to have. Passive. Mastery Level: 16.

Improving Max MP Increase- This skill boosts up the amount of increase on Max MP after each Level UP, or AP used on Max MP. Passive. Mastery Level: 10. Prerequisite: Level 5 MP Recovery

Magic Guard- Temporarily replaces damage with MP instead of HP. If MP reaches 0, the HP takes a full hit. Supportive. Mastery Level: 20.

Magic Armor- Temporarily boosts the weapon defense by blowing magic into the armor. Supportive. Mastery Level: 20. Prerequisite: Level 3 Magic Guard.

Magic Claw- Use MP to attack an enemy twice. Active. Mastery Level: 20. Prerequisite: Level 1 Energy Bolt.

1st Job Skill Paths

MP Build: This build gives you the most mp a mage can ever get but it’ll be harder to level.

1 Energy Bolt
20 Magic Claw (maxed)
20 Magic Guard (maxed)

1st Job Training

Not a challenge but good enough xp to get you through. If you have trouble with these levels I will laugh.

13-17 Slimes
Slime Tree
Slime Tree in Ellina. The slimes are everywhere so you should get by pretty easily.

16-22 Ribbon Pigs, Pigs
Pig Beach
The pigs are nice xp and you can easily woosh past these levels. They have decent drops and you can sell those pig heads you get too.

Tent of Entertainers
Great xp. This is a newer spot in ariant. It’s favored a lot by people in these levels and they should be good.

Ant Tunnel
Really sweet exp. Try to get in a party and share the exp. Otherwise, you can just solo. This is one of the best places to train so I really recommend it.

23-26 Horned Mushroom
Horned Mushroom Tree
Basically looks like slime tree. If the zombie mushrooms are a waste of killing time, this is always another option.

Land of the Wild Boar
This place is good. It can get pretty populated but it does have pretty sweet drops. If you're here during maple anniversary, then you're in for a ride!

Caution Falling Down
Located at the top of kerning construction site. Easy kills on octopuses and they are everywhere! This place can also get pretty crowded. Also, I recommend that you stand on those yellow construction marks and snipe of with magic claw so you don't get damaged.

1st Job PQs

11+ HPQ
This pq is actually really nice exp. Also, you can get some nice equips and good exp in the bonus round. Just listen to you're party and you'll be fine.

21-30 KPQ
A quick pq. It's amazing if you know how to do it right. BUT LEARN IT RIGHT BECAUSE IF YOU MESS UP YOU WILL NEVER BE WANTED AGAIN!

21-30 ACPQ
A 10 minute pq that resembles pokemon (lol >_< ). You damage the monsters and then you Catch Em All. It may be kinda long but its great xp and on top of that, you can get a chair reward after 200 pqs which is worth about 10-20m.

I/L Wizard Pros and Cons

Pros
• Has a freeze skill
• Has a mob skill
• Wanted in Cpq

Cons

Becoming an I/L Wizard

After a bit of training and pqing you are ready to become an I/L Wizard. Go back to Grendel the Really Old and he’ll give you a task. Go to the 2nd Job Instructor and bring back a recommendation letter so he knows you are ready to job advance. You can find the Instructor in the map that has 3 long trees going vertically up (sorry forgot map name). Make your way up and talk to the Instructor. He will send you to a map and you have to fight curse eyes and collect 30 marbles. Once you collect the marbles, he’ll give you the recommendation letter. Head back to Grendel the Really Old and give him the letter. Congratz, you are now an I/L Wizard.

2nd Job Skills

MP Eater- Absorbs a percentage of an enemy's MP. However, if the enemy runs out of MP, this skill does nothing. Passive. Mastery Level: 20.

Meditation- Raises the party's Magic Attack for a period of time. Supportive. Mastery Level: 20. Prerequisite: Level 3 MP Eater.

Teleport- Instantly moves the character a distance in a certain direction. Supportive. Mastery Level: 20.

Slow- Slows down the monsters around you for a period of time. Can slow up to 6 monsters at a time. Supportive. Mastery Level: 20. Prerequisite: Level 5 Teleport.

Cold Beam- Attacks with a block of ice that will freeze any freezable monsters. Active. Mastery Level: 30.

Thunderbolt- Uses electricity to hit up to 6 monsters at the same time. Active. Mastery Level: 30.

2nd Job Skill Paths

Pure Ice: This build maxes ice first. Then lightning later. This build is better for training but you will rarely be able to mob.

Pure Lightning: This build maxes lightning first and cold beam a bit later. It is beneficial for CPQ, however, you will have to use magic claw instead of cold beam.

Ice/Lightning: This build maxes ice first, then lightning straight after. It’s the most common build and mostly used before CPQ. In my opinion, it’s one of the easier builds

Lightning/Ice: This build maxes lightning, then ice straight after. Another good path for CPQ, however, you won’t have your first party skill, medi.

2nd Job Training

30-35 Teddies
Terrace Hall
At terrace hall they are pretty much everywhere. Don't use your new skills unless you have to because they won't do you too much good. Just use straight out magic claw. You can freeze, then use magic claw or your can mob and use magic claw.

Haunted House
Pretty easy and good xp. A straight map and it’s the same idea as voodoos/hoodoos and nightmares.

30-40 Crows
Crow Forest
Basically stand and zap away with lightning. Quick and easy kills and if you¡¦re an ice first, you can still do it(you just won’t get xp as quick)

35-40 Fire Boars
Burning Land
Now your skills come into use. Ice will do perfectly in Burnt Land. Lightning MAY work here too. Just fight your way through this part.

40-47 Kitties
Garden of Red/Yellow
You should be fighting at kitties at this point. If you are ice, fight at cellions or lioners. If you are light, fight at cellions or grupins.

40-50 Sakuras
An alternative for kitties. Same thing and same exp but this place is more crowded. If you're not funded I recommend here because of the 350-400 mesos per kill.

40-50 Retz
Helios Tower
This is a really good place to train. Just spam your lightning on one screw. If you're an ice build you may have a tougher time here.

40-52 Lorangs
Lorang Lorang Lorang
Weak to lightning but a pot burner. Still pretty good xp in the lower levels. This place can start getting boring though.

47-67 Trucks
Nice quick map. You basically keep switching between the trucks and keep zappin them up. It will pot burn but it’s very quick xp.

Parking Lot
Nice training here and in these levels you can get .05% per kill. That is incredibly awesome xp but just watch that you have magic guard on.

50-55 Chronos/Platoons
Ludi Clock Tower
Now you can go to chronos if you like. Grinding will become slower here but there is many other alternatives.

50-60 Nightmare Horse
Well this is one of the best places to train I have ever seen. It is in the Haunted House and it spawns in 3s. VERY similar to hoodoos/voodoos. In the lower levels you should be able to get at least 20~30% an hour. Also, put in one point in MP Eater before you come here. Then you won’t have to use MP pots since every time you use MP eater you regain tons of MP. Definitely recommended.

50-65 Cellion/Lioners
Garden of Red/Yellow 2
The bigger version of kitties. Now I recommend you use ice and mob them with lightning. Now that both ice and lightning can be maxed, I suggest you go to cellions because they aren’t too good against both. Lioners have better drops.

55-62 Red Slimes
Secret Spa
Great training and everything is weak to ice. Just watch other for the poison geysers. They get pretty annoying.

55-65 Wraiths
Kerning Subway
Just basic training. Xp is really good in lower levels but again, it may get slow. You can just teleport and zap them up everywhere. Also, there is a pretty nice chance of a red whip which can sell good on MTS.

55-65 Paper Lantern
Night At the Forest
Awesome training. Just mob em all up and you can use ice. Both lightning and ice do very good in this map.

55-70 Red Drakes
Burning Land 2
Well this used to be the main I/L spot. Now it really isn’t as a result of new spots. Not generally recommended.

55-75 Pac Pinkies
Ghost Ship 1
The ghost ship has really become a hard hitter for the I/Ls as well as the clerics. In the lower levels of training here it will be a mega pot burner. As you progress it’ll get better and better.

60-85 Slimys
Ghost Ship 2
This is great training. Just teleing around the map and zapping everything and you don’t have to think twice. The spawn here is so fast that you only have to worry about MP pots. Your money will slowly decrease but only by 1k a repot if you loot. The good drops will help you back up. It a WIN.

Mysterious Path 3
Now this is what I call heaven. The spawn is fast and the monsters come in big mobs. The 3 platforms should be easy for you to take. Also, you’ll be getting 2-3 equips an hour and perhaps steelys.

60-70 Water Goblins
Vanished Village
Fast little goblins in Zipangu. This is one of the fastest training places for an I/L in these levels, however, it’s by far the biggest pot burner in I/L training. Monsters spawn extremely fast and it’s easy to thunderbolt them but they are constantly hitting 200-300 damage. Keep a finger on the MP button at all times!

60-75 Coolie Zombies
Map before Dead Mine
Really good training but it may be hard to get here without a dead mine scroll. Partying with a priest or cleric can really help the effort pay off. Now since Nexon lowered the spawn rate, it’s not always worth the effort.

Practice Field
You’ll really get accustomed to this place. A straight map where you can mob up all the STDs. Great xp but a pot burner in the earlier levels. Once you hit about 68, it might become a pot saver. You can train here a little earlier or later but I don’t recommend it.

64-75 Hoodoos/Voodoos
In the Haunted House these give great xp. Only problem is that they’re very highly populated. With or without 2x, it’s still a great place to train. Just watch out for ksers. Also, all you have to do is stand in the middle of the room and mob them up. Not too hard.

65-75 Gryphons
Mountain Cliffs
These monsters fly everywhere but they are easily mobable and they give awesome xp. Just watch out because you might fall into a danger zone and get teled all the way to another map. These pot burn.

65-75 Mix Golems
Forest of Golems
The spawn in FoG is extremely thick and it is a populated area but don’t be fooled. You can do really well here because you can freeze up these massive things .

2nd Job PQs

35-50 LPQ
You can party here but now no one is here. It can be hard to find a party and people in this PQ may be really big jerks(not to offend anyone)

35-50 CPQ
Now this is a PQ worth doing. Incredible xp and you can trade your points for a spiegleman necklace which can be sold for a ton.

51-70 OPQ
Not too good anymore since glitch pq is patched. Even if it is unpatched I do not recommend it because it is bannable (it also doesn’t provide mesos). Orbis Rush pq is another option but once again, it’s not too good.

51-70 LMPQ
Probably the best PQ in the entire ms. You get about 10k xp each round and rounds are done in 1-2 minutes. This can be godly as long as you have a good leader. If you are a lead (like me) then you should be even better off. The rewards (like pots) can be NPC¡¦d and sold for easy money.

55-100 PPQ
A pirate PQ. Most people think that pirate pq stinks. But if you add up the exp its really good! You’ll be even with money because the drops from lord pirate NPC for fairly high. At level 55 you should get about 5% per pq. If you can do 4 in an hour that’s a good 20% an hour. When lmpq starts getting bad, this is a good option

I/L Mage Pros and Cons

Pros

Cons
• Hell levels from 70-75

3rd Job Skills

Element Amplification- Use more MP, but increase Magic Attack. Supportive. Mastery Level: 30.

Seal- Seals up the enemies around you for a certain amount of time. Once sealed up, the monsters can't use attacking skills, but the skill does not work on boss monsters. Active. Mastery Level: 20. Prerequisite: Level 3 Element Amplification.

Magic Booster- Uses up a significant amount of HP and MP to increase the attacking speed for spells. Supportive. Mastery Level: 20. Prerequisite: Level 3 Element Amplification

Partial Resistance- You get additional resistance from Ice & Lightning. Passive. Mastery Level: 20.

Ice Strike- Fires ice blocks at multiple enemies. If struck, all monsters other than ice-based ones will freeze. Cannot attack more than 6 at once. Active. Mastery Level: 30.

Thunder Spear- Gathers up the power of lightening and turns it into a spear, attacking a single enemy. Monsters will be damaged with a lightening-based attack. Active. Mastery Level: 30.

Magic Composition- Uses ice & lightening-based spell on a single enemy. Applies massive damage to monsters that are weak against ice or lightening, and the enemy will be frozen for a certain time. Active. Mastery Level: 30.

3rd Job Skill Paths

Slow Skill Path

Thunder Spear Skill Path

There is A LOT of controversy on which skill path to choose. I’m choosing the Thunder Spear Skill Path because it won’t be a while until I get to 4th job. Chain Lightning is said to replace Thunder Spear.

3rd Job Training

70-85 Birks
The Crossroad
Well these are the hell levels and there is a lot of controversy of where to train. During these levels you can train anywhere above in the 2nd job spots or you can train at this new place, Birks. They are weak to ice and give a lot of good xp. Just watch out for Dual Birks who aren’t weak to ice.

75-80 Mr. Anchor
Ghost Ship 7
The exp rate is about the same as voodoos/hoodoos which you might not like, HOWEVER, the spawn is faster. Also, more of them spawn at once and you can hit both platforms with ice strike. You should be able to 5-6 hit them and that makes training there extremely fast.

75-85 Kru/Captain
Red Nose Pirate Den
This is a pretty nice place to train. There are also a few good sniping spots so you can just stand there and spam ice strike. Try to use ice strike instead of thunder because if you don’t freeze them, they can do good damage.

75-90 Death Teddies
Forgotten Path of Time
We are finally here. The death teddies! These monsters have very good hits doing more than 1k damage. The good thing is that they give about 1.3k xp per kill. You should use better potions here. Depending on your style, it may not be efficient until level 78ish.

75-90 Lucidas
Good place to train and good spawn of lucidas. They are everywhere so make good use of ice strike. There is some controversy about training here so make sure you get your facts straight.

75-90 Wolf Spiders
Wolf Spider Cavern
These tough monsters are everywhere but they have amazing drops and xp. They hit high but you should be able to use ice strike. Just watch out and you’ll be fine. Depending on your style, it may not be efficient til 78ish.

78-100 Red Kentaurus
These kents are all weak to ice but there are no sniping spots. They give proficient xp but they can all attack you at once. Be careful while you train here because when they all gang up on you, you probably will die. There are also mole holes that can stun you for 3 seconds.

80-90 Firebrands
Forgotten Path
These monsters are pretty nice. They’re the only ones worth visiting in CwK. They have 2 forms, however, the xp to hp ratio is good. IT may take some time to get used to training here.
• Money: 10/10 (You can get the badges and turn them in for a gawdly exchange quest)

80+ Blood Hafs
Sky Nest
Basically just ice striking. The xp is not as good as your used to but the health isn’t either. For some people this place is good while for others, not so much.

83-92 Bains
These big bull dogs are pretty nice. They give pretty good xp and they are weak to ice. This place will get boring though after a couple hours of grinding.

85+ Squids/Lethal Squids
Dangerous Sea Gorge
These squids are supposed to be ice striked. Having thunder spear won’t make the effort any easier. This place gives really good xp and you can share it all with a squid party.

85+ Goby, Skeleton Fish
Deep Sea Gorge
Well these fast fish are great xp. They come in little goby houses that explode with a trillion of them. Just ice strike them all to death. Seal will help here once you get it.

Warped Path of Time
Most guides say to train here at level 85 but I don’t recommend it because you will have a tough time. There are SOME viking parties so make good use of them.

90+ Red Wyverns
Red Wyverns Nest

102+ Himes
Encounter With Buddha
For all people who don’t know, this is dreamy ghosts. A lot of pros train here and it is basically a straight map. You can mob and freeze them. WATCH OUT FOR BLACK CROW. THERE IS NO CHANCE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO KILL HIM!

102+ Jr. Newties
Destroyed Dragon Nest
It’s good to party here. This place will help you train when you hit 4th job as well.

3rd Job PQs

55-100 PPQ
Not recommended unless you have to do the quests. It’s only good for level 70. That’s it.

Pros
• Has a helpful summon
• The goal of an I/L
• Extremely fun to play

Cons

4th Job Skills

Maple Warrior- Increase all players' stats within a party by certain percentage. Supportive. Mastery Level: 20.

Big Bang- Gathers up numerous particles around the area as energy sources for a short period of time, culminating with a final powerful explosion. Active. Mastery Level: 30.

Mana Reflection- By drawing an incredible inner strength, enables one to reverse the flow of Mana back to the monster, returning the damage received from the monster. The returned damage cannot exceed 20% of maxHP of the monster. Active. Mastery Level: 30.

Ice Demon- Provides consistent damage to a monster using ice pieces from Ice Demon. Monsters stricken by Ice Demon become vulnerable to fire-based attacks. Active. Mastery Level: 30.

Infinity- Enables one to draw magic powers from sources around the area and use it for a time being in place of one's own MP. Time required between skills: 10 minutes. Active. Mastery Level: 30.

Ifrit- Temporarily summons Ifrit, who is fire-based. Attacks up to 3 monsters. Active. Mastery Level: 30. Prerequisite: Level 5 Ice Demon.

Chain Lightning- Attacks a single monster using a high-voltage lightning attack. If struck, monsters around the affected monster will receive damage as well. Active. Mastery Level: 30.

Blizzard- Summons spears of ice from the sky, showering up to 15 monsters at one time with a nasty blizzard. Incurs tremendous ice-based damages to the attacked. Active. Mastery Level: 30.

Awakening- Enables one to escape from abnormal conditions. The higher the skill level, the more variety of abnormal conditions one can escape from. Time required between skills: 10 Minutes. Supportive. Mastery Level: 1.

4th Job Skill Path

Blizzard First: This is the quickest way to train. It will require WELL funding. You will not make a profit with this.
Basically after this, it’s you improvising. Ice Demon next is not a must but it depends on what you prefer. Also, skill points for the levels after this depend on your funding as well as your time.

Chain Lightning First: Leaves you with one blizzard to train but chain lightning to max first which is more affordable.

Note: You do not have to follow these exact builds. The prices for skillbooks are way too high especially the blizzard skill books which merchant for A LOT!

4th Job Training

You have some of the same options as late 3rd job. There’s skeles, jr newties, wyverns, red kents, and blood hafs. The difference is that you have blizzard .

FAQ

A: Well Partial Resistance isn’t worth maxing. The first point already gives you about 40% resistance. Between Thunder Spear and slow, that’s your choice. Slow is helpful with fast monsters and papulatus. Thunder Spear is said to be replaced by Chain Lightning. However, I’m maxing Thunder Spear because I don’t see me getting close to 4th job anytime close. This is based on your opinion.

A: Well they used to but now they don’t. Ever since their spawn got reduced, it isn’t worthwhile to go there unless you’re partying with someone.

A: Well you can get SP resets, become a different type of mage, or you can restart. I messed up my SP because I had some 14 points on Energy Bolt and less on Magic Guard. A couple of bucks fixed that up .

A: Well this is another topic with lots of controversy. In 1st job they are the same (no duh). In 2nd job, I/Ls have the slighter advantage. In 3rd job, I/Ls start out better but then F/P overrun them. In 4th job they are about equal again. Well if you add it up you should get the answer. It’s based on your judgement.

A: Well in most worlds Voodoos/Hoodoos become over-populated. I recommend you train at Birks and then gradually switch to Wolf Spiders. You may have a tough time but you can fight your way through. Now we have ghost ship so that may give you the upper hand.

Q: I’m an I/L and I sell leech. Has it been confirmed whether it’s bannable or not?

A: Leech isn’t bannable. In the ToS, Nexon says that powerleveling is bannable. Powerleveling is when you pay someone real money to train you.

A: Sadly, we are not. You should be able to stock up on money through levels 35-45ish when you train at sakuras and from 51-70 when you can lmpq. After level 70, almost every good training spot is a pot burner. Once you get to 12x, it’s mostly spamming blizzard on a snipe spot, which will decrease your money by a lot.

A: Yes it is! Most people just ignore it because they think its bad, however, it gives a little more %/hr than lmpq at certain levels. Your money will be about even, but PPQ is a more fun variation. I PPQed half of level 68 and all of level 69.

Credits

• My buddy list

~Arjace~
This guide belongs to me and me only. If you want to post it on another site please ask for permission. No plagiarizing!
~AntiNexon~ I have full permission to us this guide, all names are from basilmarket.com. Thank you bai(if u wanna use it ask me)

Okay

Animedude
Horny Mushroom

Post by Animedude » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:10 pm

AntiNexon wrote:I DO NOT OWN THIS , Gillian,or anyone else(mods), if you want to make any changes you can

Sparkle For Shroomsly

Intro

Table of Contents

Making your Magician
Dice Roll
Adding Ability Points
1st Job
Magician Pros and Cons
Becoming a Magician
1st Job Skills
1st Job Skill Paths
1st Job Training
1st Job PQs
2nd Job
I/L Wizard Pros and Cons
Becoming an I/L Wizard
2nd Job Skills
2nd Job Skill Paths
2nd Job Training
2nd Job PQs
3rd Job
I/L Mage Pros and Cons
3rd Job Skills
3rd Job Skill Paths
3rd Job Training
3rd Job PQs
4th Job
4th Job Skills
4th Job Skill Path
4th Job Training
Other Crap
FAQ
Credits

Dice Roll

Adding Ability Points

Magician Pros and Cons

Pros
• Lots of MP
• Fast to level

Cons

Becoming a Magician

1st Job Skills

1st Job Skill Paths

1 Energy Bolt
20 Magic Claw (maxed)
20 Magic Guard (maxed)

1st Job Training

13-17 Slimes
Slime Tree

16-22 Ribbon Pigs, Pigs
Pig Beach

Tent of Entertainers

Ant Tunnel

23-26 Horned Mushroom
Horned Mushroom Tree

Land of the Wild Boar

Caution Falling Down

1st Job PQs

11+ HPQ

21-30 KPQ

21-30 ACPQ

I/L Wizard Pros and Cons

Pros
• Has a freeze skill
• Has a mob skill
• Wanted in Cpq

Cons

Becoming an I/L Wizard

2nd Job Skills

2nd Job Skill Paths

2nd Job Training

30-35 Teddies
Terrace Hall

Haunted House

30-40 Crows
Crow Forest

35-40 Fire Boars
Burning Land

40-47 Kitties
Garden of Red/Yellow

40-50 Sakuras

40-50 Retz
Helios Tower

40-52 Lorangs
Lorang Lorang Lorang

47-67 Trucks

Parking Lot

50-55 Chronos/Platoons
Ludi Clock Tower

50-60 Nightmare Horse

50-65 Cellion/Lioners
Garden of Red/Yellow 2

55-62 Red Slimes
Secret Spa

55-65 Wraiths
Kerning Subway

55-65 Paper Lantern
Night At the Forest

55-70 Red Drakes
Burning Land 2

55-75 Pac Pinkies
Ghost Ship 1

60-85 Slimys
Ghost Ship 2

Mysterious Path 3

60-70 Water Goblins
Vanished Village

60-75 Coolie Zombies
Map before Dead Mine

Practice Field

64-75 Hoodoos/Voodoos

65-75 Gryphons
Mountain Cliffs

65-75 Mix Golems
Forest of Golems

2nd Job PQs

35-50 LPQ

35-50 CPQ

51-70 OPQ

51-70 LMPQ

55-100 PPQ

I/L Mage Pros and Cons

Pros

Cons
• Hell levels from 70-75

3rd Job Skills

3rd Job Skill Paths

Slow Skill Path

Thunder Spear Skill Path

3rd Job Training

70-85 Birks
The Crossroad

75-80 Mr. Anchor
Ghost Ship 7

75-85 Kru/Captain
Red Nose Pirate Den

75-90 Death Teddies
Forgotten Path of Time

75-90 Lucidas

75-90 Wolf Spiders
Wolf Spider Cavern

78-100 Red Kentaurus

80-90 Firebrands
Forgotten Path

80+ Blood Hafs
Sky Nest

83-92 Bains

85+ Squids/Lethal Squids
Dangerous Sea Gorge

85+ Goby, Skeleton Fish
Deep Sea Gorge

Warped Path of Time

90+ Red Wyverns
Red Wyverns Nest

102+ Himes
Encounter With Buddha

102+ Jr. Newties
Destroyed Dragon Nest

3rd Job PQs

55-100 PPQ

Pros
• Has a helpful summon
• The goal of an I/L
• Extremely fun to play

Cons

4th Job Skills

4th Job Skill Path

4th Job Training

FAQ

Credits

• My buddy list

~Arjace~

Okay

Darkauro
Slime

Post by Darkauro » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:29 pm

TO MAANY WORRRRDDDSSSSS!!!!!

steveking99
Pianus

Post by steveking99 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:19 am

you copyed and pasted this from basilmarket

carousiex
Horny Mushroom

Post by carousiex » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:11 am

Animedude wrote:

Sparkle For Shroomsly

Intro

Table of Contents

Making your Magician
Dice Roll
Adding Ability Points
1st Job
Magician Pros and Cons
Becoming a Magician
1st Job Skills
1st Job Skill Paths
1st Job Training
1st Job PQs
2nd Job
I/L Wizard Pros and Cons
Becoming an I/L Wizard
2nd Job Skills
2nd Job Skill Paths
2nd Job Training
2nd Job PQs
3rd Job
I/L Mage Pros and Cons
3rd Job Skills
3rd Job Skill Paths
3rd Job Training
3rd Job PQs
4th Job
4th Job Skills
4th Job Skill Path
4th Job Training
Other Crap
FAQ
Credits

Dice Roll

Adding Ability Points

Magician Pros and Cons

Pros
• Lots of MP
• Fast to level

Cons

Becoming a Magician

1st Job Skills

1st Job Skill Paths

1 Energy Bolt
20 Magic Claw (maxed)
20 Magic Guard (maxed)

1st Job Training

13-17 Slimes
Slime Tree

16-22 Ribbon Pigs, Pigs
Pig Beach

Tent of Entertainers

Ant Tunnel

23-26 Horned Mushroom
Horned Mushroom Tree

Land of the Wild Boar

Caution Falling Down

1st Job PQs

11+ HPQ

21-30 KPQ

21-30 ACPQ

I/L Wizard Pros and Cons

Pros
• Has a freeze skill
• Has a mob skill
• Wanted in Cpq

Cons

Becoming an I/L Wizard

2nd Job Skills

2nd Job Skill Paths

2nd Job Training

30-35 Teddies
Terrace Hall

Haunted House

30-40 Crows
Crow Forest

35-40 Fire Boars
Burning Land

40-47 Kitties
Garden of Red/Yellow

40-50 Sakuras

40-50 Retz
Helios Tower

40-52 Lorangs
Lorang Lorang Lorang

47-67 Trucks

Parking Lot

50-55 Chronos/Platoons
Ludi Clock Tower

50-60 Nightmare Horse

50-65 Cellion/Lioners
Garden of Red/Yellow 2

55-62 Red Slimes
Secret Spa

55-65 Wraiths
Kerning Subway

55-65 Paper Lantern
Night At the Forest

55-70 Red Drakes
Burning Land 2

55-75 Pac Pinkies
Ghost Ship 1

60-85 Slimys
Ghost Ship 2

Mysterious Path 3

60-70 Water Goblins
Vanished Village

60-75 Coolie Zombies
Map before Dead Mine

Practice Field

64-75 Hoodoos/Voodoos

65-75 Gryphons
Mountain Cliffs

65-75 Mix Golems
Forest of Golems

2nd Job PQs

35-50 LPQ

35-50 CPQ

51-70 OPQ

51-70 LMPQ

55-100 PPQ

I/L Mage Pros and Cons

Pros

Cons
• Hell levels from 70-75

3rd Job Skills

3rd Job Skill Paths

Slow Skill Path

Thunder Spear Skill Path

3rd Job Training

70-85 Birks
The Crossroad

75-80 Mr. Anchor
Ghost Ship 7

75-85 Kru/Captain
Red Nose Pirate Den

75-90 Death Teddies
Forgotten Path of Time

75-90 Lucidas

75-90 Wolf Spiders
Wolf Spider Cavern

78-100 Red Kentaurus

80-90 Firebrands
Forgotten Path

80+ Blood Hafs
Sky Nest

83-92 Bains

85+ Squids/Lethal Squids
Dangerous Sea Gorge

85+ Goby, Skeleton Fish
Deep Sea Gorge

Warped Path of Time

90+ Red Wyverns
Red Wyverns Nest

102+ Himes
Encounter With Buddha

102+ Jr. Newties
Destroyed Dragon Nest

3rd Job PQs

55-100 PPQ

Pros
• Has a helpful summon
• The goal of an I/L
• Extremely fun to play

Cons

4th Job Skills

4th Job Skill Path

4th Job Training

FAQ

Credits

• My buddy list

~Arjace~

Okay

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

GLacko
Zombie Mushmom

Post by GLacko » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:58 pm

it is a good guide. another good time for training at the Caution Falling Down area would be level 18+.
Also good at the Fire Boars for 21+.

dexman557
Horny Mushroom

Post by dexman557 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:24 am

really nice guide dude

nyaneko
Snail

Re: I/L Guide (Not mine but i have full permission to use it

Post by nyaneko » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:46 am

cool guide..too bad i quited (F4)