i MIGHT have Schizorphrenia

Topics not directly related to Maplestory or MapleAnime may go in here.
SpellHeart
Slime
i MIGHT have Schizorphrenia

Post by SpellHeart » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:16 am

Schizophrenia
Schizophrenia is a medical illness that causes strange thinking, strange feelings, and unusual behavior. It is an uncommon psychiatric illness in young teens and is hard to recognize in its early phases. Schizophrenia is a chronic, severe, and disabling mental illness. It affects men and women with equal frequency.

Symptoms
Social withdrawal->im not social (skygar9-4)
Depersonalization (intense anxiety and a feeling of being unreal)-> im always depressed
Loss of hygiene-> rarely shower... i always forget
Hallucinations (eg, hearing things not actually present)-> i hear things when im walking and stop dead looking like an idiot, when its nothing
The sense of being controlled by outside forces-> when i get really mad, it feels as if i cant control myself
Trouble telling dreams from reality-> my nightmares are VERY real and it scares me...
Seeing things and hearing voices, which are not real-> i see shadows that arent real, and i get terrified
Confused thinking-> i can never think straight
Vivid and bizarre thoughts and ideas-> i think weird, and not outside the box weird
Extreme moodiness-> im an asshole most of the time...
Odd behavior - Ideas that people are "out to get them"-> i always feel like someone is watching me, waiting to get the kill
Behaving like a younger child-> im 12.... thats normal atm
Severe anxiety and fearfulness-> im ALWAYS terrified of EVERYTHING
Confusing television with reality-> i look at something in television, and if its in a nightmare it looks real... like, if there is blood the blood looks very real...
Severe problems in making and keeping friends-> i lost my best friends because of my anger issues, and because im strange
Types
Paranoid-type schizophrenia is characterized by delusions and auditory hallucinations but relatively normal intellectual functioning and expression of affect. The delusions can often be about being persecuted unfairly or being some other person who is famous. People with paranoid-type schizophrenia can exhibit anger, aloofness, anxiety, and argumentativeness.

Disorganized-type schizophrenia is characterized by speech and behavior that are disorganized or difficult to understand, and flattening or inappropriate emotions. People with disorganized-type schizophrenia may laugh at the changing color of a traffic light or at something not closely related to what they are saying or doing. Their disorganized behavior may disrupt normal activities, such as showering, dressing, and preparing meals.

Catatonic-type schizophrenia is characterized by disturbances of movement. People with catatonic-type schizophrenia may keep themselves completely immobile or move all over the place. They may not say anything for hours, or they may repeat anything you say or do senselessly. Either way, the behavior is putting these people at high risk because it impairs their ability to take care of themselves.

Undifferentiated-type schizophrenia is characterized by some symptoms seen in all of the above types but not enough of any one of them to define it as another particular type of schizophrenia.

Residual-type schizophrenia is characterized by a past history of at least one episode of schizophrenia, but the person currently has no positive symptoms (delusions, hallucinations, disorganized speech or behavior). It may represent a transition between a full-blown episode and complete remission, or it may continue for years without any further psychotic episodes.

Causes
Like many psychiatric disorders, schizophrenia is caused by both enviromental and biological causes.

It occurs in 1% of the population and 10% of people with a first degree relative (parent or sibling) that has schizophrenia. It is long known that it runs in families..

Environmental stressors early in age all the way back to pregnancy are believed to lead to small abnormalities in the brain that can be a cause of schizophrenia as the individual develops. During early childhood and adolescence, environmental factors such as severe stress or viral infections can damage the brain more and are believed to be a cause of schizophrenia. Factors such as vitamin use, education and drug abuse can all are included as a cause of schizophrenia. Also, certain enviromental causes can help decrease the risk of schizophrenia..

Treatment
Treatment can include psychotherapy, medication, and coping with the family.

Psychotherapy is an important supplement to a well established medication plan. This therapy can help educate a person with schizophrenia about social skills, coping skills, advice, and other needed tools to cope with their disorder.

Medications are often a comination of antianxiety, antidepressant, and antipsychotic medication because schizophrenia often appears as signs of all three of anxiety, depression, and psychosis. The biggest obstacle is taking the medication on time and keeping on the schedule for the best effect. It is also difficult to find the proper dosages, regimen and other factors that work for the patient, so it may take some time to get a proper combination of medications and dosages.

i seriously think i have this.. (F4)

jadeylady96
Pink bean

Re: i MIGHT have Schizorphrenia

Post by jadeylady96 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:18 pm

I understand why you may think you do.
But hey, a lot of them relate to me too
If you lost your best friend from anger issues, it's their loss, they should be there for friends in better and worse situations.
People start to jump to conclusions when reading effects of different illnesses, etc

Have you been to see a doctor? If not perhaps you should before thinking this.
You could start seeing a therapist or someone similar too, they can help you through all this :)

Hope everything is ok :]

SpellHeart
Slime

Post by SpellHeart » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:33 am

my mom doesn't believe me... (skygar9-4) one more person to add to the list of rude people in my life

chobbilight
Legend

Post by chobbilight » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:44 am

......multiple personalitie disorder.... i think i got that
one day i think im a detective the next day im a dog and the next day im a doctor

missedmoi
Pianus

Post by missedmoi » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:07 pm

* got lazy and couldn't
read it all *
Ahhhh, so many words in one text ewe

Anyways,
It might be possible,
or maybe it's just what you think.

I mean...
I used to have a worse vision then the average kid, but it was still alright/normal.
But because I used my brother's glasses and got better vision, I thought that I needed glasses.
I didn't actually need them, but now my vision is worse =w=
I hate glasses....

Mechy
Zakum

Post by Mechy » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:15 am

SpellHeart wrote:Schizophrenia
Schizophrenia is a medical illness that causes strange thinking, strange feelings, and unusual behavior. It is an uncommon psychiatric illness in young teens and is hard to recognize in its early phases. Schizophrenia is a chronic, severe, and disabling mental illness. It affects men and women with equal frequency.

Symptoms
Social withdrawal->im not social (skygar9-4)
Depersonalization (intense anxiety and a feeling of being unreal)-> im always depressed
Loss of hygiene-> rarely shower... i always forget
Hallucinations (eg, hearing things not actually present)-> i hear things when im walking and stop dead looking like an idiot, when its nothing
The sense of being controlled by outside forces-> when i get really mad, it feels as if i cant control myself
Trouble telling dreams from reality-> my nightmares are VERY real and it scares me...
Seeing things and hearing voices, which are not real-> i see shadows that arent real, and i get terrified
Confused thinking-> i can never think straight
Vivid and bizarre thoughts and ideas-> i think weird, and not outside the box weird
Extreme moodiness-> im an asshole most of the time...
Odd behavior - Ideas that people are "out to get them"-> i always feel like someone is watching me, waiting to get the kill
Behaving like a younger child-> im 12.... thats normal atm
Severe anxiety and fearfulness-> im ALWAYS terrified of EVERYTHING
Confusing television with reality-> i look at something in television, and if its in a nightmare it looks real... like, if there is blood the blood looks very real...
Severe problems in making and keeping friends-> i lost my best friends because of my anger issues, and because im strange
Types
Paranoid-type schizophrenia is characterized by delusions and auditory hallucinations but relatively normal intellectual functioning and expression of affect. The delusions can often be about being persecuted unfairly or being some other person who is famous. People with paranoid-type schizophrenia can exhibit anger, aloofness, anxiety, and argumentativeness.

Disorganized-type schizophrenia is characterized by speech and behavior that are disorganized or difficult to understand, and flattening or inappropriate emotions. People with disorganized-type schizophrenia may laugh at the changing color of a traffic light or at something not closely related to what they are saying or doing. Their disorganized behavior may disrupt normal activities, such as showering, dressing, and preparing meals.

Catatonic-type schizophrenia is characterized by disturbances of movement. People with catatonic-type schizophrenia may keep themselves completely immobile or move all over the place. They may not say anything for hours, or they may repeat anything you say or do senselessly. Either way, the behavior is putting these people at high risk because it impairs their ability to take care of themselves.

Undifferentiated-type schizophrenia is characterized by some symptoms seen in all of the above types but not enough of any one of them to define it as another particular type of schizophrenia.

Residual-type schizophrenia is characterized by a past history of at least one episode of schizophrenia, but the person currently has no positive symptoms (delusions, hallucinations, disorganized speech or behavior). It may represent a transition between a full-blown episode and complete remission, or it may continue for years without any further psychotic episodes.

Causes
Like many psychiatric disorders, schizophrenia is caused by both enviromental and biological causes.

It occurs in 1% of the population and 10% of people with a first degree relative (parent or sibling) that has schizophrenia. It is long known that it runs in families..

Environmental stressors early in age all the way back to pregnancy are believed to lead to small abnormalities in the brain that can be a cause of schizophrenia as the individual develops. During early childhood and adolescence, environmental factors such as severe stress or viral infections can damage the brain more and are believed to be a cause of schizophrenia. Factors such as vitamin use, education and drug abuse can all are included as a cause of schizophrenia. Also, certain enviromental causes can help decrease the risk of schizophrenia..

Treatment
Treatment can include psychotherapy, medication, and coping with the family.

Psychotherapy is an important supplement to a well established medication plan. This therapy can help educate a person with schizophrenia about social skills, coping skills, advice, and other needed tools to cope with their disorder.

Medications are often a comination of antianxiety, antidepressant, and antipsychotic medication because schizophrenia often appears as signs of all three of anxiety, depression, and psychosis. The biggest obstacle is taking the medication on time and keeping on the schedule for the best effect. It is also difficult to find the proper dosages, regimen and other factors that work for the patient, so it may take some time to get a proper combination of medications and dosages.

i seriously think i have this.. (F4)

you're special

qweboost23
Zakum

Post by qweboost23 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:57 am

did u really have to quote that (F7)

jaccaj
Jr.Balrog

Post by jaccaj » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:37 am

are you sure? it might just be er... puberty thats y u cant control yourself and stuff
and being awkward could just be you i dont like talking either sometimes
for loss of hygiene maybe you are those people or kids that dont like to shower cuz u dont care
being terrified maybe you doubt yourself too much
confusing tv with reality if you watch those graphic or detective movies even my brother and sister get scared cuz they think thats real
hearing voices and hallucinations idk
so thats what i got