My Father's Struggle

Topics not directly related to Maplestory or MapleAnime may go in here.
MsMeowzers
Papulatus
My Father's Struggle

Post by MsMeowzers » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:25 am

Hello. This post is about my father's current struggle with his medical problems. I never can stand to tell anyone. I have to say it somewhere.

My father has psoriasis, a skin condition. It covers 75% of his body. He also has psoriatic arthritis. He can barely move. If he were to mow our half acre lawn, he would be bedridden for 2 days. He also has depression. His family is like a barrier between him and happiness.

It all started with what seemed to be a cold when he was sick. He went through seven doctors, then had to get x-rays. He had a disease, which he never told me.For 3 years, he was in Riley, a children's hospital. He had chemo, which is thought to have made his psoriasis appear. This is where the depression started too. Since he was bedridden so much, he became fat. The medicine they gave him made him eat a lot. He was made fun of, considered a idiot.

When he was seventeen, he was better. He had a small case of psoriasis then. He could leg press 990 pounds (I'm serious, he has witnesses.) But after he did that, his knees would creak if he moved them slowly. In 1999, his father died. He was given most of the will. He was cornered by the women around his age in the family, saying that the family name shouldn't be on his headstone and the like. He then found my mother, and a job.

He worked at his job for 9 years until management changed. They became numbers, working in blistering heat on blacktop. My father then fell into a horrible depression. He couldn't even be happy at home. Every night was a countdown to going back. He also applied for disability.

The disability is a long story. He has been working on it for a year. He is now on the way to court, trying to prove he deserves it. He can't work. He can't even sit in a computer chair working all day. His COBRA, a health insurance company, pays for his medicine. All his treatments combined is 10 thousand dollars.

His depression medicine is working fine, but is slowly decreasing. He can play Black Ops all day and not be all depressed.

I have some of these things. My legs creak. My eyesight is horrible (my prescription in my glasses DOUBLED last time I went). I have a small case of depression.

This is my father's story. Please, I ask you, NO joke comments. This is a serious topic.

stng75
Pianus

Re: My Father's Struggle

Post by stng75 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:48 am

even if you say this isnt a joke i find it kinda hard to believe
but that sounds really bad

Wizit6134
Papulatus

Post by Wizit6134 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:11 am

stng75 wrote:even if you say this isnt a joke i find it kinda hard to believe
but that sounds really bad

psoriasis is spreading a lot now. Medical related buisinesses r even making commercial bout psoriasis

pvtsharp
Pianus

Post by pvtsharp » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:27 am

Well, you must be pretty brave to post these kind of things to strangers you barely know.

You must be quite lonely in real life, are you?

Well I can pretty much understand that kind of feeling. To feel like no one I really know can listen to my inner troubles, and so I tell it to people that I barely know.

But still, sickness, depression, insults. These are all a part of life. If it was me, I would try opening up to my real life acquaintances, it may help dull the pain a little.

But then again, it's your life, your troubles, do whatever you want, but try not to do anything against your own conscience.

Mechy
Zakum

Post by Mechy » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:46 am

MsMeowzers wrote:Hello. This post is about my father's current struggle with his medical problems. I never can stand to tell anyone. I have to say it somewhere.

My father has psoriasis, a skin condition. It covers 75% of his body. He also has psoriatic arthritis. He can barely move. If he were to mow our half acre lawn, he would be bedridden for 2 days. He also has depression. His family is like a barrier between him and happiness.

It all started with what seemed to be a cold when he was sick. He went through seven doctors, then had to get x-rays. He had a disease, which he never told me.For 3 years, he was in Riley, a children's hospital. He had chemo, which is thought to have made his psoriasis appear. This is where the depression started too. Since he was bedridden so much, he became fat. The medicine they gave him made him eat a lot. He was made fun of, considered a idiot.

When he was seventeen, he was better. He had a small case of psoriasis then. He could leg press 990 pounds (I'm serious, he has witnesses.) But after he did that, his knees would creak if he moved them slowly. In 1999, his father died. He was given most of the will. He was cornered by the women around his age in the family, saying that the family name shouldn't be on his headstone and the like. He then found my mother, and a job.

He worked at his job for 9 years until management changed. They became numbers, working in blistering heat on blacktop. My father then fell into a horrible depression. He couldn't even be happy at home. Every night was a countdown to going back. He also applied for disability.

The disability is a long story. He has been working on it for a year. He is now on the way to court, trying to prove he deserves it. He can't work. He can't even sit in a computer chair working all day. His COBRA, a health insurance company, pays for his medicine. All his treatments combined is 10 thousand dollars.

His depression medicine is working fine, but is slowly decreasing. He can play Black Ops all day and not be all depressed.

I have some of these things. My legs creak. My eyesight is horrible (my prescription in my glasses DOUBLED last time I went). I have a small case of depression.

This is my father's story. Please, I ask you, NO joke comments. This is a serious topic.

stop posting these life storys of yourself
kind of annoys me and makes me depressed with all the sadness

i swear chobbi is going to raid this topic sooner or later

pvtsharp
Pianus

Post by pvtsharp » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:31 am

Mechy wrote:stop posting these life storys of yourself

Jeez, try to put yourself in her shoes for once.

I bet you live your life laughing without a damn worry in the world.

You ungrateful and inconsiderate people are the worst of all the human species.

chobbilight
Legend

Post by chobbilight » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:29 pm

Mechy wrote:
MsMeowzers wrote:Hello. This post is about my father's current struggle with his medical problems. I never can stand to tell anyone. I have to say it somewhere.

stop posting these life storys of yourself

......so hes happy when he plays call of duty black ops?

MsMeowzers
Papulatus

Post by MsMeowzers » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:28 pm

chobbilight wrote:......so hes happy when he plays call of duty black ops?

Yes, because he can talk to family who live in different states.

Are you telling me to stop sharing? It lifts my depression.
Also, its stories.

chobbilight
Legend

Post by chobbilight » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:30 pm

MsMeowzers wrote:

so if he tells the doctor "the most happiest time is when im owning some noobs on call of duty black ops"
the doctor replies " i'm happy to see you're happy about that , so how about i give you call of duty modern warfare 3?"

and if you post personal stuff on the internet dont think every1 will feel srry for you, im just saying
just look at that guy who cried because they were stalking britney spears...im just saying

MsMeowzers
Papulatus

Post by MsMeowzers » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:31 pm

chobbilight wrote:
MsMeowzers wrote:

so if he tells the doctor "the most happiest time is when im owning some noobs on call of duty black ops"
the doctor replies " i'm happy to see you're happy about that , so how about i give you call of duty modern warfare 3?"

and if you post personal stuff on the internet dont think every1 will feel srry for you, im just saying
just look at that guy who cried because they were stalking britney spears...im just saying

Pre ordered already. Anyways, the doctor says anything that he enjoys helps the medicine work better.
And no one at school has sympathy for me. I'm used to it.

stng75
Pianus

Post by stng75 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:45 pm

thats why you post on the internet?
everyone on the internet is more sympathetic than everybody you know in life?

Wizit6134
Papulatus

Post by Wizit6134 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:57 pm

u didnt hav to say it annoys u. Ur jst making it worst (gatorade-2)

Mechy
Zakum

Post by Mechy » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:12 pm

MsMeowzers wrote:

Also, its stories.

well kinda it makes me more depressed
but if its good for you then im not stoping u!
im just saying i don't like it

MsMeowzers
Papulatus

Post by MsMeowzers » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:25 pm

stng75 wrote:thats why you post on the internet?

Not like my dogs can listen to me.
Plus, if I dislike what someone says, I can forget it easier, or block it with my hand.

pvtsharp
Pianus

Post by pvtsharp » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:53 am

Where's that damned Preston when you need him?

Mizuky
Jr.Balrog

Post by Mizuky » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:33 am

MsMeowzers wrote:

Also, its stories.

He's right you need to stop posting this kind of things. (F7)

steveking99
Pianus

Post by steveking99 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:44 am

I feel really bad for you... My dad's 56 and he hasn't ever had a medical problem yet. Depression and all of the other things you have listed on your post comes out of nowhere, not because the person was in bad shape or w/e. When I get depressed also. I hang out with friends and ask if I can come over or something.

stng75
Pianus

Post by stng75 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:28 am

MsMeowzers wrote:
stng75 wrote:thats why you post on the internet?

Not like my dogs can listen to me.
Plus, if I dislike what someone says, I can forget it easier, or block it with my hand.

plus theres ignoring the person completely

chobbilight
Legend

Post by chobbilight » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:16 pm

MsMeowzers wrote:Pre ordered already. Anyways, the doctor says anything that he enjoys helps the medicine work better.

......wait wait wait!!!! so he can play all day playing call of duty!!!.......seems like a worthy opponent muahahahahaha

MsMeowzers
Papulatus

Post by MsMeowzers » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:57 pm

chobbilight wrote:
MsMeowzers wrote:Pre ordered already. Anyways, the doctor says anything that he enjoys helps the medicine work better.

......wait wait wait!!!! so he can play all day playing call of duty!!!.......seems like a worthy opponent muahahahahaha

13th prestige... Good luck.