A Noob's Life The Final Chapter

Talk about Fan Fictions
jonlin
Zakum
A Noob's Life The Final Chapter

Post by jonlin » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:00 am

Is being written slowly, and if you must, the story so far is in tiny text below. if you want to wait for the end of me making it, please don't read the tiny text below.

Caelin Woke with a startled gasp. He hadn't realised he had fallen asleep, and had been fighting that midnight black nightmare for the entire unrestful slumber.

He panted, jumping backwards just in time to avoid the black hammer. his copy seemed to not slow as it rush towards him, the distance just seemed to stretch as Caelin searched for some way in the merciless and starless night, SOME way to survive, and win. A small part of him said he hadn't fought at night, but it was ignored as his brain flew, searching for survival. then he saw a way. there were two glowing spheres in the deepest part of his brain, each calling to him more than the other, begging him to embrace it instead. They were both dark blueish, but one gave off an aura of killing, ripping, aloofness from the world, as if on a higher plane. He immediately drew back from this one, knowing it was not for him. the other orb of power too, was not for him, but this one was because he could not stand how accepting it felt, how open. So he moved on through himself. On his Mysterious and expedited journey, he passed many more of the orbs, but none were for him. At last as his clone seemed but a millimetre from murdering, absorbing his body, he found it. A Raging orb like a flaming meteor, not stopping for anything, guided only by his very own will. He took it into himself, and it latched on with a hunger to please. it lashed into his emotions, his very being, and the odd creation of black hatred, as he saw it now, was blasted back, no chance against he and his new ally. As he savored his power, he asked it, and himself, What may I call you, friend?, and was answered - I am you. I am your other self. I AM RATHMIRE!

This last thought blasted him from his reverie, his remembrance of that terrible dream, as he wondered if the same could happen in life outside of his disturbed nightmares. For a moment Caelin stared at the uncaring boat he was in, and the uncaring, magnificent, luxurious green waves and water that carried it like a writhing emerald, the greatest masterpiece ever.

He sighed and looked inside himself, at the fire that those wonderful swells of water calmed. he sunk inside himself, seeking the essence of himself, and was once again drawn by unpure sources of power from himself, those that were not him. he moved past them.

After what must have been hours he came upon that one orb that truly drew him... Rathmire. He must have said as much in front of it, for as he said it the orb seemed to pay more attention to him than the rest. It seemed to scrutinize him, and he opened himself wide, baring every last bit of pure HIM to his other self. After a moment of inspection, it dived for him.

He was floating by himself in a pillow world, nothing could possibly go wrong, then he snapped back into place in reality and saw a smoking wraith stand in front of him. It was 5 or 6 times his own height, and seemed to be everything he had rejected as his own power. he stood defiantly against it, took a deep breath and talked as if to an old friend...

'Are you with me, Rathmire?'

'Yes.' Came the suprising and simple answer from a deep and resonating voice inside him.

Suddenly everything was clear to him, and as the wraith tried to turn invisible, and flew blades of every element but fire at him, he pointed with one hand and imagined all of it contained, pressed back on itself, and the wraith covered in a cloak of fire. It screamed, a sound to torture Caelin for the rest of his life, a screeching sound that tried to defy him, but it had no control over his fire. It blew wind across its body, but that just egged the fire on. The water simply turned to steam. Stone had no effect, and ice could not exist without water.

Eventually the creatures cries grew dimmer and dimmer until they did not exist at all. Caelin tiredly sank down into the floor of his laser and fell to sleep, at peace at last with himself in the shining sun, on the endless sea.

Kvothe awoke Suddenly. Something was VERY wrong.

He crept out of his bed and slowly towards the door, and just as he readied himself to blast through it, his instincts Forced thoughts out of the way and some Primal urge made him jump away from the door as fast as possible. Just as he cleared his bed, the rest of the room glowed an Eerie Green and... BOOM it was simply no more. The floor was 3 feet lower, the walls nonexistent and half of his bed gone. GODDAMNIT I LIKED THIS BED he thought as he jumped up and lashed out with all of his power at the figure he saw standing in the smoking ashes. It laughed and waved, and the electrical surge powerful enough to run a city for a lifetime disintegrated into that same green dust.

Why hello, Kvothe. the thought Emanated from the creature, and he suddenly knew. It was Chase, the one who he was even now helping to murder. He nearly wept at how wrong this thought must have been, and immediately sent out a wave of power cancelling the illusions in the chambers holding the boys.

Gooooood. Now sleep. as this thought echoed through the world, he fell across his bed and was instantly out. The Man called Chase Laughed a terrible twisted laugh, and walked away.

Austin awoke slowly, finding himself in a plain blue painted room with a small bed, a clue and yellow crystal in the ceiling and a single wooden door. He approached it cautiously and remembering the sensation of using the powers against the strange magician, tried to duplicate it, pushing the door outwards.

It didn't work.

*sigh* What was I thinking, magic powers pushing open doors and firing meteors. I had better meet up with Caelin and the others so we can plan what to do next. he thought as he walked over and pushed it open.

As he stepped outside he found himself in a wide green plain, and hearing the door slam twisted to try and catch it, but the portal was gone. He slowly turned and seeing himself alone, sat down.

Caelin woke up in a Bright red room, with his Mace loose in one hand on a plain brown bed. Keeping your weapon close even in your sleep, huh Caelin. a thought popped into his head, and he was so suprised he twisted around and fell off the bed! He slowly and tentatively thought... Hello?

Hello Caelin. I am Rathmire.

Chase sighed as he looked downwards, wondering at why in the nine hells anyone would make a pit so deep as the one before him, seeming to go for miles downward, drifting into darkness slowly. And the whole edge of the pit was pure diamond, impossible to get a grip on, with water flowing constantly down to the bottom. It was things like this that made him feel dwarfed, insecure in all his magnificent destruction.... but no, today was to be a triumph!

With that thought, he dived from the edge, into oblivion.

Caelin slowly examined the room around him as he thought to the mysterious 'Rathmire' in a conversation...

So you come here much? The room had few furnishings, with a simple bed, dresser, mirror, a boarded up window and one door.

Har, Har... so funny I forgot to laugh. I know you may not be comfortable with this fact, but the world is much bigger than you, no matter how swollen your head may be. The voice still surprised him every time it spoke, but he was starting to get used to it now, it was a simple process of separating it from the rest of his thoughts.

Wow I see that someone is a bit grumpy... Caelin tried to see through the boarded up window, but the boards would not budge. Mind helping me out?

You should know that you need not permission, as long as you understand my Po-Lin, or intent, or basically just what I'm saying, you can use my power... just imagine power gathering into a fire or a hand that pulls the boards out of the way.

Caelin was surpised at the flow of information, but obeyed..,

He Was one with the room. He could sense the energy flowing throughout it, and imagined it forming into a hand

When he felt it form into a hand in front of him, he was so shocked that he opened his eyes, losing focus, and saw the hand evaporate into the air in front of him.

"Wh-What was that??" he stuttered to noone in particular.

That was your power working. try it again, but this time imagine someone sets it on fire. Helpful little bugger.

Caelin felt through Rathmire, and saw the energies again around him. He formed them into a hand, and imagined it was on fire, as though soaked in oil... then slowly, carefully, upon feeling heat, inched his eyes open.

I was kind of bored after writing the last bit, so I decided to start keeping track of my updates:

Original thread start: 14/08/2010

1st update: 22/08/2010

2nd update: 10/10/2010 Failed update, deleted my writing

3rd update: 04/11/2010

4th update: 02/02/2011
Last edited by jonlin on Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:52 am, edited 7 times in total.

synn90210
Pianus

Re: A Noob's Life The Final Chapter

Post by synn90210 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:41 am

i.....and.....you.....but.....

DAMMIT. I actually believed this for a second. Thanks for crushing my dreams caelin </3

jonlin
Zakum

Post by jonlin » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:23 pm

LOL that was funny, but anyways I actually am writing it but it will be a little while till it comes out :)

synn90210
Pianus

Post by synn90210 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:32 pm

sigh. fine. i suppose since you're writing your finale i should finish mine.....

Duality
Papulatus

Post by Duality » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:10 am

What happened to my character?

jonlin
Zakum

Post by jonlin » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:56 pm

he will be in it. probably :P

I wrote like twice as much as is there last week, but my internet would not save or submit it. sooooo it might be a few months before I have motivation again. sry.

EternalSorrow
Zombie Mushmom

Post by EternalSorrow » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:34 am

jonlin wrote:he will be in it. probably :P

I wrote like twice as much as is there last week, but my internet would not save or submit it. sooooo it might be a few months before I have motivation again. sry.

Why can't we read it? It seems finished?

jonlin
Zakum

Post by jonlin » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:51 am

it's gonna be a LONG baby and you can read it as I write it if you want, that's why I put it in minifont. just quote post and read there.

Updating!

If I keep this rate I might be done june~july and be HAPPY with it.

synn90210
Pianus

Post by synn90210 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:10 am

Sweet Jesus. That. Was. Awesome (so far)

chobbilight
Legend

Post by chobbilight » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:33 am

dude ......that story was.......boring
when do i come in? and dont say stuff like you already died

jonlin
Zakum

Post by jonlin » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:37 am

if you don't like it don't read it
you aren't in this, we've been over this already.

chobbilight
Legend

Post by chobbilight » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:25 am

jonlin wrote:if you don't like it don't read it
you aren't in this, we've been over this already.

and i will refuse 2 accept that everytime

Berkster
Mushroom

Post by Berkster » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:14 am

what he mean by quote then post i am confused i can't find the darn story D:D:D:D:

chobbilight
Legend

Post by chobbilight » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:06 pm

Berkster wrote:what he mean by quote then post i am confused i can't find the darn story D:D:D:D:

just qoute his first post
then scroll down

jonlin
Zakum

Post by jonlin » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:17 am

Updated! oh and I added an update history. I only wrote a few paragraphs more but I'm having a hard time with motivation

Mechy
Zakum

Post by Mechy » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:29 pm

love this fanfic nice story!