Post by pvtsharp » Sat May 22, 2010 8:07 am

Ok, enough youtubing for today ^^.
2nd chapter is here!
Rate it please.

Links:
Prolouge
Chapter 1

Chapter 2 : The Tournament

A 15 year-old boy was sitting on the branch of a gigantic tree, the tree was at least six stories high, taller then any building around. It's leaves, somehow resembling maple leaves, were rustling along with the wind. The boy was sitting about 6 feet off the ground. His jet black hair moved along with the leaves, and his green eyes were looking at the skies. He was wearing a top with a jacket on and black colour jeans. It was a beautiful sight, a big green field, with a town in the middle. This is Tree Village, named after this gigantic tree which was rumored to have been planted by there mere children.

"Damn, Hikaru's late again. Every time I tell him to come early, he wont listen..." sighed the boy.

Along Tree Village's road, a 14-year old boy was running at full speed, but he wasn't even sweating. He had a heavy looking spear strapped to his back. His white hair was tied up in a ponytail at the back of his head, his blue eyes looked excited. He wore a simple sleeveless top with training pants. He was running to the gigantic tree.

"Sharp!!!!!" shouted Hikaru as he reached the tree. "Oi! What are you doing up there for?"

"Waiting for you." answered Sharp simply as he jumped off the branch onto the ground.

"The World Tree is growing as fast as ever eh?" asked Hikaru, looking at the tree. "Sorta bring back memories."

"Let's go." said Sharp, as he grabbed Hikaru by the collar. "If we delay any longer, we'll be late for the tournament."

"You're right" said Hikaru as he was literally dragged.

"Hmm,hmm,hmm..." hummed a 12 year old girl. She was wearing witch's robes with a witch's hat. She had a beautiful face with red eyes. Her long, purple hair was swaying around as she walked along the road. A lot of guys stopped doing what they're doing just to have a look at her. She was holding a wooden staff in her right hand.

"Neko!" shouted Hikaru as he caught up with her, Sharp was tagging along behind.

"Hi, Hikaru!" replied Neko as she hugged him.

"Oh yeah, sped up at the sight of Neko?" sniggered Sharp.

"No." said Hikaru quickly.

"Cousin Sharp!" said Neko as she also hugged Sharp. "You're going to the tournament too?"

"Oh no, I'm just watching Mr.Train-Your-Pants-Off fight." said Sharp, pointing at Hikaru. "You?"

"Oh, I'm the medic!" answered Neko happily.

"A White Angel." commented Hikaru. Sharp stared at him suspiciously.

It was a crowded scene. It was the middle of town. A stage had been set up there, and a lot og people came to watch what was going on. Hikaru and 7 other people were on the stage. Then, a plump man went on the stage.

"Welcome, all heroes!" shouted the black-haired plump man. He was standing on the stage. "To the annual Fight Festival!"

"This year, there will be eight contestants..." continued the plump man.

"First off, the winner of 5 years straight, the tiger of Tree Village..... Kira!" A guy with spiky, brown hair raised his hand. He was wearing a dragon robe with two giants hammers strapped to his back. Several girls screamed with delight.

He described the rest of the contestants less elaborately, eventually calling Hikaru a "common thug".

"What?" shouted Hikaru. But he was not heard, the crowd was cheering too hard.

"Quiet down, please. Alright, let me explain the rules of this tournament. The contestants go 1 on 1. Whoever that is unable to battle will be disqualified. The one who wins will get this egg!" The plump man held out an egg, it was the size of a bag, and it had a star-shaped symbol on it.

"Now, let the tournament begin!" the plump man shouted. The crowd cheered.

"What????" shouted Hikaru in disbelief. "I go against Kira first???"

"Oh yes." said Sharp as he checked Hikaru's spear. It had a crooked, blood red blade."

"Well, 5 in a row winner huh?" said Hikaru. "I'm fired up!"

"It's good to have dreams...." said Sharp.

Hikaru and Kira were standing on the stage facing each other. The crowd cheered like wild.

"I'll give you a chance to surrender now, kid." said Kira. "Or the mess will be hard to clean up later."

"Oh yeah, I'll hate to waste my time scrubbing you off the floor right?" replied Hikaru. The crowd burst into laughter.

"How... dare you...!" shouted Kira, he had a crazed expression on his face. "You'll regret that!"

"Make me." retaliated Hikaru.

A tiger, made out of energy appeared and roared behind Kira. Without warning, he leaped towards Hikaru. He knocked Hikaru up to the air. The jumped up and used both of his hammer to hit Hikaru. Hikaru sped towards the ground and hit the floor of the stage with a loud bang. The stage was cracked.

"That'll teach you..." said Kira.

"Hikaru!" shouted Neko with tears in her eyes, she started running towards the stage.

"Don't." said Sharp as he held her by the shoulder. Neko turned around. "Hikaru hasn't even started yet."

Back on the stage, Kira was laughing like a maniac.

"HAHAHAHA, no one can beat me!" laughed Kira as he turned to go off the stage.

"Don't have your back turned....." said Hikaru, he had an angry look in his eyes.

"It can't be possible...." said Kira in disbelief. "An attack of that leve-"

His words were cut short as Hikaru gave an upwards kick. Kira pulled out his hammers. From the sky, he aimed towards Hikaru with a downward arc with one of his hammers.

Hikaru dodged it easily. Kira was in mid air, defenseless, for a split second. But it was enough for Hikaru.

"Spear technique! Full Moon!" shouted Hikaru as he gave a full horizontal arc slash with his spear. Kira's dragon robed ripped and blood started spewing out as he flew away after being hit, smashing into the building opposite.

"Oops, looks like I did it a little too hard." said Hikaru. Neko went up to the stage and hugged him around the neck.

"You made me worry!" said Neko.

"Sorry....." apologized Hikaru, he saw Sharp amongst the crowd, giving him a thumbs up.

"Oho that was funny..." said Hikaru, holding the egg between hhis arms.

"What a waste, all the other contestants ran away after they saw how you won Kira." said Sharp.

"Oh well, at least you won." said Neko. "Hey, can you give me that egg?"

"Why?" asked Hikaru, although he looked like he would give her it anyway.

"I wanna try to hatch it with magic!" said Neko.

"Ok!" said Hikaru as he passed her the egg. Sharp looked at him suspiciously.

"Hikaru's gotten powerful, huh?" said a guy in a black cloak. He had two staves strapped to his back. He and another person which had white hair was standing on a roof, watching over the trio.

"Yeah, he grown fairly a lot." said Aran. He was wearing warrior's armour and he had five pole arms strapped to his back.

"Enough watching." said the guy in the black cloak. "Let's go find the other three and have a meeting... Ulfreider has gone too far..."

"Aye." replied Aran as they both went to different directions.

To be continued.......

Credits:
Sharp, Kira - Self Generated character
Aran - Maplestory character
Neko - Msmeowzers
Hikaru - EmberSparks

MsMeowzers
Papulatus

Re: Tree Of Origins // Roots : Chapter 2

Post by MsMeowzers » Sat May 22, 2010 5:52 pm

*Claps again*
Dang,you're fast.And how the heck did I go from age 6 to 12?Sudden time change?
E=MC²/10,no wait,cross the first part out...x_x

pvtsharp
Pianus

Post by pvtsharp » Sat May 22, 2010 7:12 pm

MsMeowzers wrote:*Claps again*
Dang,you're fast.And how the heck did I go from age 6 to 12?Sudden time change?
E=MC²/10,no wait,cross the first part out...x_x

you should be able to figure out the typical "6 years later..." thhing right?

EternalSorrow
Zombie Mushmom

Post by EternalSorrow » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:26 am

*laughs at Hikaru*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA