Sucked In! Chapter 4.

Talk about Fan Fictions
jonlin
Zakum
Sucked In! Chapter 4.

Post by jonlin » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:09 pm

Newest chapter, last chapter was: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5243

Chapter 4.

Justin got up slowly and carefully, looking into Caelins ECC as the smoke cleared. To his shock, Caelin was not there! He slowly crept toward the room, ready to fight if needed. As he was about to reach the door, he picked up the axe left there for emergencies. He crept into the room, shocked to see that it was empty. Then he spotted a note on one of the tables and rushed over to it. In Caelins messy writing, it read:

Dear Justin,

I have decided to test my experiment on myself. If you are reading this, I have either been killed by the Pre-shock of the Bio-data transfer, or my experiment has succeded. If my body is in the room, the former is true. If there is no sign of my body, my experiment has succeeded. If the latter is true, please report my findings to my Boss and tell him not to disturb my labratory at all, as I may need a focus area to return anyone this experiment has worked on. If the former is true, please send my regards to my family.

Thanks, Caelin.

Justin reeled back in shock and looked around the room for clues as to which was true. As it had said might have happened in the note, there was no sign of Caelin at all. Just then people started coming into the room, and he shouted at them, "Don't move anything in here, I'm going to get his boss." and ran off to find Caelins boss.

Drake slowly opened his eyes and saw he was strapped to a metal table in a bleak room with a Light directly overhead, and one on each side of him. there was a table at his feet with a variety of odd-looking tools he had never seen before. The majority of the tools came to a tiny point as if to be poked into his skin, and he noted that there was something like an IV drip connected to him in his his right arm. Finally, there was a door to his left.

Just as Drake noted the door, the man from in the mountains walked in. He had the same presence as before but it was much more subtle as if he was containing it somewhat now, but it still blanketed the room. "Hello, my name is Canvas," the man said in an obvious attempt to seem nice, but the energy that blanketed the room was as cold as canada, and his tone didn't fool Drake for a second.

"What do you want from me?" Drake questioned him coldly, trying to seem as if he wasn't scared of this 'canvas'.

Seeing he had been seen through, Canvas replied coolly, "I have been stranded on this world for a year and a half now. I am finding people like me who have been transported here and investigating how we were sent here, and what the effects of such a transition are. Also, I am investigating how humans are able to exist in a data world, and if this is not simply data," as he said this last bit, he gestured around the room and Drake got the feeling he was talking of the whole of this world. "Then what it could be used for, such as military purposes."

Drake got a feeling of dread after he stopped talking, and asked, "What have you found out so far?" in an attempt to cooperate and eventually get free. He immedietly regretted this choice as a grin spread across canvases features.

"I will share this information with you just because I don't care who knows, but you will not be freed until I have finished my research with you. What I have found is that this is indeed a world of data but it has been combined with a real world. Normal maplestory players have no clue, but this world really exists. Some scientist is experimenting with the energy that both you and I have, our 'Energy Fluxuation'. As far as I can tell, they built some sort of machine that searches the world for those with more capability for Energy Fluxuation control than usual, and transports them to this world. I have researched on three others before you, and none of them survived," he said, gesturing to the walls around him.

"However! If you manage to survive my experimentation, I will take you as my apprentice, and you wil be more powerful than you could imagine. Now, to begin my experiments." As he said this last bit, he released some limiter on his energy and knocked drake out with it. In the last few seconds of his conciousness, he saw Canvas pick up a tool that looked like a cross between a needle, a gun and a thermometer.

Jonathon had found out he was now in 'Ellinia, an area controlled by mages and filled with tall trees. He had made his way to the 'Nautilus' or the pirate town with directions from a friendly player. Once there, he had asked a merchant about a new weapon, after showing him his. the Merchant appeared to be in shock, telling him that he shouldn't be able to use this weapon, one usually reserved for players 'level' 150 and above. Then he proceeded to tell him he would never need to replace it as it was the best pirate weapon, a 'timeless' weapon, and it would level up and get stronger several times.

After finding this out, he replaced his armor and headed out of town to train and explore, trying to find someone like him. He headed to sleepywood, apparently the best place to train at his level. Once there, he headed over to 'ant tunnel and began to train.

As he walked into the ant tunnel, he was attacked by a grayish mushroom with some kind of talisman on it's head. He quickly punched it, but this one did not instantly dissolve, it simply was knocked back a few feet. After a second's hesitation, he jumped in and attacked again. This time, the monster dissolved. Then, he turned and faced the rest of the tunnel, and charged at the nearest Mushroom.

Caelin appeared suddenly on a ledge overlooking a huge drop. He realised in a few seconds that his experiment had worked! He observed the area he was in and realized that he was at the top of 'the tree that grew' in Ellinia, the area he had left his experimental character in this game after advancing them to an Ice-Lightning magician. Smiling, he decided to search out other people the experiment had worked on and explain a few things to them. Then just as he had decided to do such, he realized that his Energy Fluxuation Control came much easier, and he naturally had a higher amount to access. To test his new abilities out, he raced to the side of the ledge, and leaped.

He fell at an extremely high pace, and after a few seconds of bliss at the racing feeling, reached out with his energy and created an imaginary parachute with it, and he slowly started lose speed, the parachute slowing him. He marvelled at how easy this technique, previously forcing him to raise his E-Flux wave to such heights that he had slept for a day and a half after keeping it up long enough to land, didn't require him to change his E-flux Wave levels at all! Finally, he touched down in sleepywood, and landed softly.

Once he had landed, he absorbed his energy again and used some of it to allow him to read others around him's energy levels, as anyone who had gone through his experiment would have an awakened level of energy, and he would spot the radius that they would obviously not be able to repulse yet from up to a mile away. He started walking.

That's the end folks! I decided to make an extremely long chapter this time, hope it's long enough for you.
R&R Please. (Rate and Review)

synn90210
Pianus

Re: Sucked In! Chapter 4.

Post by synn90210 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:29 pm

i.......i......i dont know what to say but WOW. there's a couple errors i noticed but ehh its not enough to totally kill it. nice one dude. keep it up (gatorade-3)

jonlin
Zakum

Post by jonlin » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:34 pm

Thank you.... also, was it too long, too short, or the right length? in your opinion. oh, and why did you chose the name drake again? It made me confused when writing it, I kept thinking of mapledraco or dracoplasm.

synn90210
Pianus

Post by synn90210 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:40 pm

i'd say it was a little bit long and might turn away some people who dislike hardcore reading but its not so long that it just drags on. also i chose the name drake as a reference to my character from my fanfic

EmberSparks
Papulatus

Post by EmberSparks » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:43 am

synn90210 wrote:i.......i......i dont know what to say but WOW. there's a couple errors i noticed but ehh its not enough to totally kill it. nice one dude. keep it up (gatorade-3)

Yeah! 8/10! Booyaka!