This is the very first day on "How to make a good fanfic day by day" much like Monty's flash tutorial.
Ok today will cover HOW TO MAKE INTERESTING CHARACTERS
Ok, your probbably thinking "Wtf? Why isn't storyline first?" Because my friends, the characters are the ones who make the storyline feel alive and such. So I'll be making a fanfic according to this as well, and so here we go.
Ok first off, I suggest you dont hold one of those "Making Fanfic Sign Up" things. Why? Because that means you have to fit certain characters into certain areas. Like you need the character to display a certain feeling but, the person who signed up doesnt like it. It just gets too confusing, hence why my fanfic 777 didn't have a sign up of any kind.
To make a good Character you need to fill out a form sort of like this
Name: (No steriotypical names like, Drake or Zero) Ok so I'm going to name mine... Eilo. IF you have a hard time coming up with a name check this site out to get you started, http://www.behindthename.com/random/
Personality: Ok this is usally the main thing that's hard about making characters, it the one thing that makes characters come alive. So you have to think, do I want this Character to be a cool guy, someone who is always taunting his enemies? Or maybe the loyal knight of a kingdom. It can be anything but make sure you have a lot of depth to it. So in Eilo's case I'm going to make him a loyal member of a team of thieves. So he'll need to be very loyal and friendly but still have to be a cutthrout when it comes to theivery.
Weaponry, Ok weapons are very special to a character because you must keep them "InSync" with the character, for example a big guy with a large temper isnt going to be wielding a wand right? An axe or a broadsword would make much more sense. So in Eilo's case, what is the main thing about a thief that makes him a thief? Well lets open up all of the thieve's skill books on hidden-street.net. Ok well a shadower skill is smoke grenade so I'll make sure I mention that. He will also have daggers which is the main thing for a thief, as well as tobis. Why tobis? Because if hes a thief he has to be poor, and obviously can't afford Illbis or steelies. So remember keep into personality as well as being smart, if hes a prince he will have expensive weapons and if hes poor the oppasite.
Do you want your character to be good or bad? It dempends all on you, In Eilo's case he is a theif however he does have a good sense of justice so he is evil to the eyes of the public but he tries his best to be good. So he is evil BUT he is actually good so I'll have to remember to give him things like second thoughts when hes commiting a robery.
Now heres what the full form should be
NAME : Eilo
PERSONALITY: Nice and loyal, but does bad deeds.
WEAPONRY: Tobi's and Triangle Zanzibar.
ALIGNMENT: Evil but actually good.
However it doesnt stop there
You have to make this next
(1-3) Friend/ Allies to appear in the first chapter so repeat the above for each of them, they will serve as the main characters, also i suggest making at least 1 of each gender.
(1) Rival It could be one of the friends above or someone else, someone who both each of the Main character hates as wells as admits to being his friend. A good plot twist is that the rival gets angry that he always loses to the main hero and then becomes evil.
(1) Uber-Evil Person This follows the same idea but make his name menacing to make sure it strikes fear into the hearts of the main heros and such, he could even be someone that the main hero trusts!
Ok so for friends/Allies
1. Mori - Loyal Thief, who constantly is bothering Eilo to give her money and the jewels that he has stolen.
2. Draft - Code Name DRAFT. An exparimentmental android created by Grendal, but became bored at serving his master's every will. Ran to Kerning City for freedom.
1. Hecris, 2nd in command of the thief guild, he duels Eilos in practise fights normally, winning record is 101 Wins-2Ties-101Loses. He also helped found the thiefs guild will main leader Orogoro. Also because of this he contantly send Eilos of wild goose chases, sending him to steal from people who don't even exist.
Evil Person Wont be revealed right now.
Remember to fill out the form for every character.